Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thin end of the wedge?
Mark Allanson

posted on 17/1/12 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Thin end of the wedge?

Will this be the end of the internet as we know it? How will the new act be misused by American government in the way that they tend to?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

HowardB

posted on 17/1/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I thought that this was going to be about the EU move to car black box pay as you go insurance,...

equally important I guess,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

David Jenkins

posted on 17/1/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Obama has blocked it - not actually said he's against it, but he's imposed some procedure that effectively means that it'll never get voted on and put into practice.

Doesn't mean that they won't try something else though...

[Edited on 17/1/12 by David Jenkins]

RK

posted on 17/1/12 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
As one gets older, the world becomes increasingly dangerous and effectively, a worse place to live than it used to be. Facts say otherwise.

I have thousands of songs on my computer (s) which I paid zero for. Lock me up.

Ninehigh

posted on 17/1/12 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have the entire collection of Star Trek... all of which I could record off the TV with a lot more organisation and messing about...

splitrivet

posted on 17/1/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hacks me off the way the yanks think they are the rulers of the planet, bunch of bible thumping hypocritical @rseholes.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

norfolkluego

posted on 17/1/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
Hacks me off the way the yanks think they are the rulers of the planet, bunch of bible thumping hypocritical @rseholes.
Cheers,
Bob

Not just you , what gives them the right to think their law applies in every country in the world

Ninehigh

posted on 17/1/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
Cheers,
Bob

Not just you , what gives them the right to think their law applies in every country in the world

It doesn't, a few years ago they brought in the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act which tried to shut down all the poker sites. 99% of them are still there, and half of them still accept US players.

This other law would have, in essence, done f-all because the only sites that would have been shut down is, er, Mininova?

RK

posted on 18/1/12 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
Americans still think they control the world. I love them, am named after one, have lived there, but most of them truly believe that the rest of the world WANTS to be just like them, and can't think otherwise. It is sort of true though, when you think about it. Sadly.

Canadians are well versed in how the US operates. We can't get away from them. Problem is, in winter we don't want to.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.