Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2004 MK Indy Busa Project
yellowcab

posted on 9/5/12 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Wet sump system with a dry sump pan to help with under car clearance issues

Massive thanks to Mike, along with Rob & Lee @ RPE - they've sorted me out with everything I need...

Gen Suzuki Oil Filter
Replacement 'post'
Replacement 'bolt' that goes into above 'post'
6x 10% uprated clutch springs
3x Clutch pulls/ pressings
And the 2x 4" thin piece of circular metal that go under the last cork clutch plate

All arriving tomorrow, off to Shell petrol station to get some Shell Ultra 15w50 as thats what RPE advised

So from thinking my replacement 'clutch' was going to set me back around £280 ish... the total cost after discounts is around £36

BobM

posted on 9/5/12 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Wet sump system with a dry sump pan to help with under car clearance issues

Ah, I was wondering about the odd hose arrangement! Looks to me like you still need more clearance!
quote:
All arriving tomorrow, off to Shell petrol station to get some Shell Ultra 15w50 as thats what RPE advised

Generally recommended to avoid fully synthetic oil intended for car engines to avoid clutch slip.

Not very Locost but very BEC

yellowcab

posted on 9/5/12 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
The sump pan was like this from before I bought the car... so who knows what its been scraped on...

Seems to flat, and uniform scrapes to be the odd speed bump here and there, but what do I know lol

Such nice and helpful guys at RPE - very impressed

yellowcab

posted on 13/5/12 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Just waiting on a new Westfield dry sump pan before I decide to put the clutch back together.

On a side note, thinking unsprung weight - 1x 15" wheel + tyre = 16.2kg, which means the set of four is 64.8kgs in total

Does anyone have the information of what both 13" Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 + tyre weighs... and a 13" Minilite + tyre weighs?

jaik

posted on 13/5/12 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'm pretty interested in the wheel & tyre weights too, it's quite easy to find wheel weights, but without the tyres it's meaningless for comparing different sizes.
ReMan

posted on 13/5/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=166487

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

locoboy

posted on 13/5/12 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have just found this thread and its great, good honest down to earth work, no Bulls**t just a bloke fettling things, having fun and learning along the way, keep it going, nice car and nice photos too...........

ATB
Locoboy

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/5/12 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Very tidy... I'm reading this thread too
1 make sure the vent pipe from the diff has a catch bottle or vents outside your diffuser. ps Diffs get very hot
2 make doubly sure the radiator over flow leads to the outside of you under tray .
3 Put some strength into the top mount for your steering as you have added a long leaver to the steering column (when you drive it in anger you will be shockedhow soft the top mount is.)

locoboy

posted on 14/5/12 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I would advise you use threadlock on the bolts you use in your rivnuts for your removable undertray bulge. The ally undertray will probably be subject to quite high vibration and you don't want it falling off after all your hard work!

ATB
Locoboy

yellowcab

posted on 14/5/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
then the rivnuts themselves would spin in the holes when you try and remove the bolts lol

already considered it mind, but I totally appreciate what you're saying lol

sdh2903

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just use spring washers instead of thread lock, should do the trick. Worth doing as like said there will be a fair bit of resonance.

yellowcab

posted on 15/5/12 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
finally after whats felt like years of waiting for planning permission, i finally i have a man-shack

no more getting wet!

[Edited on 16/5/12 by yellowcab]

aka_shortie

posted on 15/5/12 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
That man cave looks massive, i want one lol.

You going to box it out / insulate it? Heard they suffer ventilation / condensation problems

yellowcab

posted on 15/5/12 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
galvanised steel roof has anti-condensation backing thankfully, else i probably wouldn't have opted for it...

the idea is to insulate walls with loft insulation, then 'dab & grab' plasterboard, kitchen vinyl black & white checkered flooring, and insulating back of garage doors, add a PIR security light & alarm, then to put sofa, tv, fridge, coffee machine in the corner, and some carpet as i hate laying on a hard floor lol

aka_shortie

posted on 15/5/12 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Impressive, cannot wait to see it finished.

Hope you actually have some garden left lol

yellowcab

posted on 15/5/12 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
hopefully going to have an exhaust extraction pipe too, so can run the car with garage doors closed to stop people peeking in

ReMan

posted on 15/5/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
TBH I find that amount of space offensive

(Sobbing into chips)

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Custardpants

posted on 15/5/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Omg thats amazing! My garage is just too full of workbenches, lathes and machinery - i know, didums. Can't get anywhere around the car though!
yellowcab

posted on 16/5/12 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Just awaiting new dry-sump pan from Westfield tomorrow, then will be back on with the clutch rebuild so I can drive the bugger again...

The slight misfire issue that was occasional might have had something to do with HT leads 1 & 4 weren't clicked down, just resting ontop of the spark plug lol

Looking forward to driving it with the new clutch shims & pawls fitted, with the verbal help an LCBer

ReMan

posted on 17/5/12 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
galvanised steel roof has anti-condensation backing thankfully, else i probably wouldn't have opted for it...

the idea is to insulate walls with loft insulation, then 'dab & grab' plasterboard, kitchen vinyl black & white checkered flooring, and insulating back of garage doors, add a PIR security light & alarm, then to put sofa, tv, fridge, coffee machine in the corner, and some carpet as i hate laying on a hard floor lol

IS THE FRIDGE IN YET?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

puma931

posted on 17/5/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
when is the shed warming party?
Proby

posted on 17/5/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
That garage space looks hhhuuuwwaaggee! Very nice!
yellowcab

posted on 18/5/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
hiya guys, sorry not been on much... been tinkering, not made fantastic progress, but its going in the right direction for the man-cave.

here are some pics so far... after spending ages at looking at RaceDeck, and Eva Anti Fatique garage floor tiles, and then picking myself up off the floor when i worked out 30m2 of the stuff, I opted for smooth white garage floor paint

That was last night, so let it dry over night and really happy with the single coat that we applied, and it sealed the bare concrete at the same time...

Off I pop to Wickes to take advantage of their 'Make Your Home more Energy Efficient' guff... 2x rolls of 100mm loft insulation

Cut into strips, to place in between the concrete ribs of the garage

Done... nice and cosy - already reduced / eliminated echo

So the idea was to 'no more nails' the plasterboard, to the exposed ribs of the concrete, but it doesn't seem to be working - so might have to drill/ rawl plug/ and screw the plasterboard on

HowardB

posted on 18/5/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that is better than my house,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

yellowcab

posted on 18/5/12 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
lol don't you start aswell, already had the wife comment a few times on... "so when is the bathroom getting done?"

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.