Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Le mans
vtecmike

posted on 2/4/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Le mans

Hi everybody

Who is going to Le mans this year and who has already been? Where and what campsites do you book etc?
I would like to go this year as i live in france!

let me know please

thanks mike

daniel mason

posted on 2/4/12 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
im going to go next year for sure. but not this year!

richard thomas

posted on 2/4/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Been twice, first time stayed at the track - not recommended...handy for viewing but facilities not great. Second time stayed at chateau chanteloup - fantastic time by all accounts! google it if you need the gen.....
kendo

posted on 2/4/12 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Been twice before and camped at Houx Annex.

Going this year as well and camping in Houx.

You'd be lucky if you get an on track campsite now though, but still worth a try.

My mate and I are doing a Normandy battlefield tour on the way down as getting the ferry to Cherbourg.

Simon

posted on 2/4/12 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Went on a coach in 1985 - slept in a sleeping bag under the stars on a grass bank.

Went to sleep around 2am, woke at 12 noon - went to find a space to watch then decided it was time to get back to coach for journey home

ATB

Simon

ChrisW

posted on 2/4/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Houx is the way to go. 27 of us going this year for the annual pilgrimage, but you'll be lucky to get any decent camping tickets this late. We booked in November!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Lovelock

posted on 3/4/12 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
Going to the Classic Le Mans this year. This is a more civilised version of the 24 hour event which suits my old body much better. I would stay at the circuit though as you get a great atmosphere. If you buy a disposable bbq, some sausgaes, bread, cheese and wine at the local super markets then you can eat, drink and be merry to the sound of fantastic sports cars all night long. Been loads of times to the 24 and classic and can't recommend them enough for motorport fun. Back in the day the drive down there was as good a drive as it got, loads of British sports cars steaming through French villages, excellent. Now though the route is a tad dull on dual carrige ways but that's life.

Get a ticket if you can and have a great weekend.

AndyGT

posted on 3/4/12 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock
Going to the Classic Le Mans this year. This is a more civilised version of the 24 hour event which suits my old body much better. I would stay at the circuit though as you get a great atmosphere. If you buy a disposable bbq, some sausgaes, bread, cheese and wine at the local super markets then you can eat, drink and be merry to the sound of fantastic sports cars all night long. Been loads of times to the 24 and classic and can't recommend them enough for motorport fun. Back in the day the drive down there was as good a drive as it got, loads of British sports cars steaming through French villages, excellent. Now though the route is a tad dull on dual carrige ways but that's life.

Get a ticket if you can and have a great weekend.

+1 Great weekends fun. I'm going this year + another 4 of us with tents etc.

Should be fun, it'll be my 2nd lemans classic and hopefully not the last...

Good food, ambience and music (the naturally aspirated petrol engines of course!!!). What more can one ask for?

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 3/4/12 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
done both, prefer the classic as it a bit less rowdy. Stay at the track, it is the atmosphere that makes it.
I will be at the classic thursday-monday this year, will be getting plenty of liquids

And the classic you can get into the paddocks, talk to the mechanics/drivers etc and make a nuisance of yourself. But the cars are older, but to me more interesting because of it. And the big V8's thundering around the track in the middle of the night.....

steve m

posted on 3/4/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I went last year on the "ChrisW" tours , twas great fun, and i will go next year
scoop

posted on 3/4/12 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
You are way too late to get a decent camp site mate. You'll only the crap left that miles away unless you pay through the nose with a company that already bought them up like Paige and Moye. Worth the trip usually but there won't be much of a race this year with no one to take on Audi.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.