Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: injection wiring
t11

posted on 8/4/12 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
injection wiring

Afternoon all, before i go and wire up my injectors I just want to check on the correct way of doing it....I'am using a ms2 V3 engine is toyota 3sge with 315cc injectors which in the car(mr2) as you look at the injectors all the wires on the left are joined together and the right ones are seperate so as pin 28 via a 2amp fuse and then 2 5amps do I connect pin 28 to my left or right on the injectors and then pin's 32 33 34 35 for the other side ? ........Gordon
big-vee-twin

posted on 8/4/12 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Wire through a relay which switches a live to serve a 6 way fuse box, the coil of the relay is controlled by pin 37

From the fuse box you serve the fuel pump, the ignition positive, injector bank A (pots 1 and 3) and injector bank B (pots 2 and 4) also the Lambda.

Then the other side of the injectors to pins 32& 33 then 33&34 they are connected together because the pins on the megasquirt connector cannot carry all the current the injector needs through a single pin. So loop bank A together and loop bank B together.

The 2 amp fuse is the +ve supply to the mega squirt connected to pin 28, nothing to do with the injectors.

The injectors can be wired any which way they are not polarised.

Here's a drawing link

[Edited on 8/4/12 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

BaileyPerformance

posted on 9/4/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
Wire through a relay which switches a live to serve a 6 way fuse box, the coil of the relay is controlled by pin 37

From the fuse box you serve the fuel pump, the ignition positive, injector bank A (pots 1 and 3) and injector bank B (pots 2 and 4) also the Lambda.

Then the other side of the injectors to pins 32& 33 then 33&34 they are connected together because the pins on the megasquirt connector cannot carry all the current the injector needs through a single pin. So loop bank A together and loop bank B together.

The 2 amp fuse is the +ve supply to the mega squirt connected to pin 28, nothing to do with the injectors.

The injectors can be wired any which way they are not polarised.

Here's a drawing link

[Edited on 8/4/12 by big-vee-twin]

Hi, injectors ARE polarized, you can wire them the wrong way around as long as you wire all of them the same way - but the best thing to do is wire them the correct way!!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 10/4/12 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
According to the Megasquirt web site injectors are not polarised, I just wired mine up in no particular order and they worked fine.

'The sensor wires, etc. are not labeled at the sensors themselves, as there are many possible sensors. Each person has to figure the connections out for their particular configuration.
To start, both the temperature sensors (IAT, CLT) have one or two connections. The recommended sensors have two connections. With these, one goes to ground, the other to the MegaSquirt® EFI controller (the pins on the sensor are not oriented, you can connect the wires either way). With a one-wire sensor, the connection goes to MegaSquirt® EFI Controller, and the sensor is grounded through its body to the engine.
There are instructions in the below for finding out how to wire your TPS.
The coil or tach lead connections depend on each particular set-up, check your maintenance manual, or ask on the list if someone has a vehicle similar to yours (give the make, model, year and engine).

The injector pins do NOT have a polarity. Pick one on each injector to go to +12V, the other goes to MegaSquirt.

For the O2 sensor, the wiring depends on the type (1, 3, & 4 wire) and make. There are some guidelines in this manual, and a lot of information in the archives. You can also check the manufacturer's web site'

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.