Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Diffuser question
Custardpants

posted on 1/5/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Diffuser question

Been trawling through all the old threads on diffusers, looking at making one for my Indy.

How do you avoid clashing with the rear suspension wishbones when the suspension extends when the car is jacked up or when the car is in the air like at Cadwell park. How do you guys get around this - the only solution I can think of is making cutouts of the diffuser, which then kind of nullifies the concept....Thanks!!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/5/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
MK sell a diffuser for the Indy, also fits other locosts, its designed to fit and clear the suspension on full droop, so will not come in contact with the suspension if fitted correctly, Ive got one for my Aries, Ive not got round to fitting it yet due to the crap weather, so no pictures of it fitted to mine, but this is it on a Indy.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

coozer

posted on 1/5/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
I made my own with the car jacked up, wheels at full droop, made sure there was about 10mm clearance when putting the bend in.. The wheels dont drop down very far anyway. I wasn't worried if they whack it a bit as well, which they shouldn't.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Custardpants

posted on 1/5/12 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Aha. thanks guys!
rick q

posted on 2/5/12 at 02:48 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think slotting the diffuser to clear suspension bits and pieces would be detrimental. I had to do it on mine to clear the A Frame on full droop. I just made sure that the front edge of the slot was slightly lower than the rear edge of the slot so that [hopefully] the airstream will carry across the opening.

There's a photo down near the bottom of this page :- http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=165357&page=3

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.