Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New V5C issued
Slimy38

posted on 17/5/12 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
New V5C issued

I've just received a V5C document through the post. I initially thought that someone had bought a car and registered me as the keeper, but it's for my current car. It would appear that they are replacing all V5C's with new ones. The notes say that all blue V5C's will be replaced by red ones by November 2012.

The one thing I will be doing shortly is making sure the details are correct, the DVLA have made so many c***ups over the years that I wouldn't be surprised if something is wrong.

Dusty

posted on 17/5/12 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
They got my name wrong on the one I received yesterday!
mistergrumpy

posted on 17/5/12 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
All my vehicles have new ones, got them ages ago. I believe there was a huge stash of blank old ones stolen so they're now issuing red ones.
Jon Ison

posted on 17/5/12 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
All my vehicles have new ones, got them ages ago. I believe there was a huge stash of blank old ones stolen so they're now issuing red ones.

yup, must be costing a fortune ?

mcerd1

posted on 17/5/12 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
I just got my third (and last) new one the other day for my granada donor car thats on a SORN

the weird thing is the first one I got was for the scimitar thats been off the road since 1984

[Edited on 17/5/2012 by mcerd1]

-

tasmod

posted on 17/5/12 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
That's not all it's for. There is no 'scrap' tickbox. The rules state the vehicle and logbook must now be taken to a 'recycling centre' where a certificate is issued.

At the moment this is not being heavily enforced but it will be shortly.

Rob

Slimy38

posted on 17/5/12 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tasmod
That's not all it's for. There is no 'scrap' tickbox. The rules state the vehicle and logbook must now be taken to a 'recycling centre' where a certificate is issued.

At the moment this is not being heavily enforced but it will be shortly.

I'd not noticed that but you're right. Will that change the generally accepted method of keeping the reg of a donor in order to get an age related plate? IE you scrap most of the car, then when the time is right you contact the dvla by letter to say the car was used as a donor and no longer exists?

tasmod

posted on 17/5/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
At the moment they will accept a letter stating that you have scrapped the car via 'so and so' as all the scrapyards are being brought into line by the Environment Agency.

This comes along with forthcoming changes to 'scrap metal' payments by cheque instead of cash.
The pikeys are up in arms around here as one is already doing that, they have to go further afield to get cash.
The 'cheque' one has seen a massive drop in turnover.

One yard I did frequent, had two guys one day in hi-viz and helmets walking around (never a good sign). Next day big signs on gate "No entry unless hi-viz and boots worn"
They demand this in cars being driven in as well !!

Talking to owner he had been issued an ultimatum by Environment Agency, comply or close immediately ! needless to say he complied and also has a lot more to put in place soon.

Rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.