Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Proper off roader for not so much cash
eznfrank

posted on 14/7/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Proper off roader for not so much cash

For sale - A proper off roader, way better than any X5 etc,

It's a 98 R 1.7i Lada Niva - for those of you who don't know a great deal about these cars it's worth a quick nosey on You Tube, they're very capable off road having being built to withstand the wilderness of Russia and are awesome in the snow. They're also exceptionally cheap to repair with parts changing hands for peanuts.

I reckon it's in better than average condition for it's age, plus it's on a very low mileage of 16,613. I've changed the front end to the older style (it had the big plastic one on when I bought it). It's had a 2" lift all round using one of the aluminium kits off Ebay in addition to a pair of longer Rancho shocks on the rear. I've also put a winch bumper on it but will include the original in the sale. The tyres are Technic Trackers and have done around 2 miles since new on a set of alloys with a spare alloy which also has a decent tyre on it!! It has a snorkel fitted by the previous owner. There are little bits of rust but nothing major, certainly better than most. Starts first time every time even when left for a while.

Bad bits - out of MOT and tax, I don't think it would take a great deal of effort to get through MOT and only issue I am aware of if a sticking piston on the drivers side front caliper, it does drive.

Also included - electric fan if you want to do the conversion, original front bumper, can of plastic primer and matt black paint if you want to spray the plastics, owners handbook and an original (albeit tatty) service manual. I'll also throw in a steering lock, a pair of ramps and 4 axle stands.

I'm moving house and don't have anywhere to keep it at the new place and my mother's not so keen to have it on her driveway. Currently on Ebay at £400, worth way more than that, but it's going for whatever it ends at.

Lada Niva 1.7i Off Roader 98 R | eBay

[Edited on 15/7/12 by eznfrank]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jossey

posted on 14/7/12 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Such a lovely off roader. Shame to see your getting rid.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 14/7/12 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, it's a pretty good one too. We're taking a 6 month career break shortly and when we get back we're going to rent a flat in Leeds so need for a car, nor will we have anywhere to leave it. Shame to get rid but it's just not practical to keep it. Would prefer the cash to spend on more diving kit - Doing Divemaster in November
Staple balls

posted on 14/7/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
SWMBO says no.

caber

posted on 14/7/12 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Embarrased to say I had my Land Rover pulled out of a hole by one of these once!

Caber

jossey

posted on 17/7/12 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck on your travels I mean mid life crysis lol. Take care n if I can help ye with anything when u get back drop a line. Then you can teach me to dive please :-) might need to borrow them regs though lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 17/7/12 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Those regs are spot on, I took them for a service and he told me not to bother, only charged me a tenner for inspection. That being said I did manage to F$*K up the LPI hose for the dry suit, I thought it was same fitting as my dry suit and didn't realise it wasn't until i was all suited up and tried to connect the two causing it to stick open and dump most of my air out!!! It was about ten minutes before I got into water to do assessment for Rescue Diver course - whoops, managed to borrow a set thoigh so problem solved!!
wilkingj

posted on 17/7/12 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
These Niva's (and the later Cossack) are extremely capable vehicles.

They are even better if you can get the adaptor to put in the 2.2 Isuzu Diesel. More power and more economy!

Mate of mine had one and it would do everything my Landy would do.
Dont underestimate these.

no connection with the sale other than my comments.
ie just my 2d's worth.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

eznfrank

posted on 21/7/12 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
Ending on Ebay today at £420

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.