Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 13" £300 laptop
greggors84

posted on 17/7/12 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
13" £300 laptop

Have been looking around for a laptop for the Missus. Preferably want one with a 13" screen instead of the usual 15". Doesn't have to be a fast processor or loads of ram just a reasonable hard drive and half decent quality.

Will only be used for surfing the net and watching movies so DVD drive would be a plus.

Anyone seen anything that might fit that description? Haven't been able to find much between 11" net books and normal 15" laptops for that price.

Thanks

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

MikeFellows

posted on 17/7/12 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
hows this http://search.laptopsdirect.co.uk/nav/screensize/02/pbgbp/04/type/lap tops/0
MikeRJ

posted on 18/7/12 at 01:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
hows this http://search.laptopsdirect.co.uk/nav/screensize/02/pbgbp/04/type/lap tops/0

That's a netbook that preloaded with Chrome OS. I know OP doesn't want a super fast CPU, but that's probably going too far in the other direction.

greggors84

posted on 18/7/12 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote
I did look at the chrome books. The google OS doesn't really put me off as I'm sure I could buy a copy of vista which should be fine (if the intel atom can handle it) but it's the 16gb flash HDD that puts me off.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.