Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK5 (H) Astra Central Locking
computid

posted on 25/7/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
MK5 (H) Astra Central Locking

Hi Guys,
Got a problem with my mothers astra. She took it out to homebase today and when she came back the passenger side doors wouldn't unlock. At the same time, the drivers side doors wont lock. They wont open or lock at all on either the remote fob or the internal button (They have no internal pop up's or external locks apart from the drivers door which locks on the external lock manually). So I popped open the boot, took out the central locking fuse and it was fine. Ok. I then spent the next half an hour fiddling with fuses and reseting keys etc. I also changed the key battery. Still no change. I decided that the best course of action was too shut the boot and shut the doors with me in the car and tried the internal lock button. Didn't work. The passenger side doors are still locked and the drivers side doors are still open. The only change is that now the boot is locked and wont open .

So, I've tried:

*Fuses
*Key Battery
*Disconected main battery
*Disconnected rear fuse panel
*Re-synchronised key

Does anybody have an words of wisdom to share before we hand it off to a garage? I'd like more time to look at it but she needs the car for work and obviously doesn't want to leave the car parked in the street with one side unlocked!

dray13dad

posted on 25/7/12 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Astra and zafira wiring harness breaks just as the loom goes in the door at the bottom. open front doors slide rubber gaiter back and there will be your prob.
bi22le

posted on 25/7/12 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
What happens when you use the key in the drivers door? Nothing on the other doors or do they bounce?

You took out the CL fuse and all was ok. Whats that mean?

H plate astra is old. Im thinking wires chaffed in door shut. Door motor gone wonkey (drivers) or CL module.

A bit of advice. When fault finding this open the doors and close the door latch with a screw driver. The car will think the door is shut yet lets you see inside the doors to feel the release handle and behind the door card.

Also double xhexk the bonnet is shut.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

pmc_3

posted on 26/7/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
He means an Astra H not a h plate Astra! The H is model that ran from around 2005 if iirc and I don't think there are external locks to try the keys in

[Edited on 26/7/12 by pmc_3]

computid

posted on 31/7/12 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Right guys, sorted it.

It was a wiring loom connector that had become dislodged in the rear passenger door.

Thanks for the help guys!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.