New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: supermarket fuel
tul214

posted on 13/8/12 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Ive been putting 2 stoke oil in to the tank as well, into my 2.0 tdci mondeo

I think it runs better as well

Me too...I stick it in the Merc and the Disco. 1/200 mix.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Pete - Kit Car Zone

posted on 13/8/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
Here's my little bit of research....

I always run my MR2 on 95ron supermarket fuel, mostly sainsburys. About once a month I make a trip to the Lakes which is about 300miles each way, plus about 300 miles of driving when I'm up there. There is no supermarket, so I fill with shell 95ron.

So I do 300 miles on the supermarket fuel and it takes about 34 litres (when the fuel light comes on). Fill up with shell, flush it through for 300 miles, refill and drive home. However the drive home never takes more than 32 litres of fuel. Same speeds (70mph), same distance, same car, same luggage etc etc.

The destination in the lakes is at sea level, home is not.

From this I can conclude that either there is a heavily prevailing northerly wind or I am actually seeing some kind of difference in the shell fuel.

Ha ha... I have the exact same experience. Usually fill up at Asda or Morrisons during the run to work. If I'm doing any sort of distance I'll treat the car to a trip to Shell on the way back. It's a bit pricier but seems to go a bit further. Either that or a nice run down the motorway gives the engine a bit of a clear out.

Kit Car Zone

A1

posted on 13/8/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I remember EVO mag did a test when shell released optimax, where they ran cars on it for a week or so, noticably cleaner inside the engine compared to beforehand...
plus the optimax definitely makes engines run better...

Ninehigh

posted on 14/8/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I've had my 206 for about a month now, I've been getting 56-59mpg so far. Looks like I might experiment with some proper Shell stuff this month and see what happens.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.