Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MSA national B license
R1 STRIKER

posted on 5/9/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
MSA national B license

Hi all,

Not sure this is the right place to ask but how easy is it to renew a national B license that has lapsed for a few years? I had a national B license in 2008 but haven't raced or renewed it since. Would I have to retake ARDS? I assume new medical would be needed.

Thanks

Ben.

novacaine

posted on 5/9/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
depends on how old you are,

i have renewed my nat B after lapsing for a year and they didnt bat an eyelid, sent them my payment and my licence came in the post shortly after

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Johneturbo

posted on 5/9/12 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Afaik if its lapsed more than 2 years you would need to retake the written test only ie the flags as mine ran out a few years ago and I looked into renewing but never got round to it!
R1 STRIKER

posted on 5/9/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 33 if that makes a difference?!

I knew I should of kept it going! Not planning to race straight away but would like to get it it back for when and if I do.

novacaine

posted on 5/9/12 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
yea, I think you should be fine, IIRC over 45 you need a current ECG

I think best thing to do would be to try to renew your licence online (i think you can do it, might have imagined that though)

i am the same, i have had my national B since 2008 and havent got round to using it but i keep paying the renewal fees just so i have it for when i do get round to racing

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

JacksAvon

posted on 6/9/12 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
You dont need a ECG for a National B or a National A over 45 years.

ECG's both resting and stress types do not applly until you move up to applying for International Licence.

Johneturbo

posted on 6/9/12 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Is the ECG to make sure you can take the shock of the entry fee!
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/9/12 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
As has been said, no ECG. Your GP will simply take your BP, check the list of (whatever) is relevant at the time and sign it.
If you're (as I am) 'gifted' with alarming myopia, then you'll need an optician to verify that your corrected and peripheral vision is acceptable. There's a cost implication here.

JacksAvon

posted on 6/9/12 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
correct vision (the wearing of glasses) can be assessed by your GP during your licence medical.

Prices vary from practice to practice £75 to £175

Duncan36

posted on 20/9/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I rang the MSA the other day for this exact reason. If its been over 3 years you have to take the written test again. Between 3 & 9 you have to prove that you finished 6 or more races and take the written test again. Anything outside those and it's back to doing the ARDS test again. I went back to karting and didn't keep up my national b, it expired in 2003 and I now need to do my ARDS again

Duncan

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.