Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Peoples views : Netflix , lovefilm or other?
bowood14

posted on 23/9/12 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Peoples views : Netflix , lovefilm or other?

My daughter wants me to sign up to get films over the internet does anyone have any experience with any of the companies, Netflix is doing free 1 month trial at the moment. Oh by the way she is paying I have agreed to help if I watch anything!!
mark chandler

posted on 23/9/12 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
We have love film, works most times on our 6meg BB, however......

Lots of films are not available on-line

They then send in the post which defeats it, I want to watch something NOW!

Also a lot of the on-line films are the ones that have appeared on TV anyway before they crop up.

BigLee

posted on 23/9/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
I have both, but because I cannot AirPlay from iPad to Apple TV with LoveFilm, it gets used the least. Netflix is good for series television. For example I am currently watching all of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Films are always older on both, except the odd new one to hook you into signing up. Netflix probably gets used more than regular TV in my house. Great for little ones with all the kids program's.
austin man

posted on 23/9/12 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
check out your broadband agreement, unknown to me my Lad was using it through his Xbox he want over the fair useage broadband policy which I had to pay for not impressed

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

ed1max

posted on 23/9/12 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
We have love film, works most times on our 6meg BB, however......

Lots of films are not available on-line

They then send in the post which defeats it, I want to watch something NOW!

Also a lot of the on-line films are the ones that have appeared on TV anyway before they crop up.

Ive been using this its totally free no catches as well as film it has all the TV series like 24 etc
http://www.watchfreemovies.ch/

rayward

posted on 23/9/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
we have netflix, works ok , tried lovefilm but found the online streaming very slow, and the posting dvd's just a pain.

lots of movies on 1channel.ch for free

hth
Ray

Pdlewis

posted on 23/9/12 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
use quidco and get netflix, the give you £5 for just joining for a free month, then if you become a subscriber you get another £15

similar offer with love film but its crap

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

bowood14

posted on 23/9/12 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies hadnt thought about broadband usage better check that out just changing back to BT. How many gigabytes does an average film use
loggyboy

posted on 23/9/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Am i right in thinking Netflix doesnt have anything new? its all either current or old stuff, so no new release films etc.

We have a basic love film (2 dvds a month, £4.99) which suits us fine. cheaper than blockbuster and more convenient. I think we can also watch online too, but we have never bothered.
We did have the the full package on a 3month free trial, which gave us unlimted number of films, 3 at home at a time, but we found by the end of the 3 months there were no films worth watching, so unless you are in to tv series that have loads of DVDs it wast worth the £30 ish a month.

Mistral Motorsport

Mr G

posted on 23/9/12 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Install XBMC then install the icefilms add-on for a free movie and tv show bonanza including HD and 3D content I've got it set up on a couple of original xboxes around the house and also on a nettop pc in the front room.

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

morcus

posted on 24/9/12 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
My Brother has Netflicks and Lovefilm and says the former is better.

I was quite disapointed TBH, as theres much less on it than I was led to believe. I've got alot of films on my to see list and most of them weren't on it.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.