Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fitting 2.0 Cams in 1.8 Silvertop Zetec questions?
AdrianH

posted on 29/9/12 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
Fitting 2.0 Cams in 1.8 Silvertop Zetec questions?

I have an engine which is the basic 1.8 RDA head and block, so according to the books was a 105 PS engine. Would it be worth fitting the 2.0 Silvertop Cams in the engine and is this the only thing to do.

Going for a home made plenum at present using a 1.8/2.0 Throttle body and running a later blacktop ECU.

Just wondering if anyone else has just changed cams or if other work is needed. Perhaps 115 ps cams would be a better bet?

Not after ultimate power, like drivability and keeping things simple.

Last question what is standard Zetecs redline?

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

will121

posted on 29/9/12 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ford done a 130bhp 1800 silver top zetec in the RS1800 fiesta, so fitting them cams or 136 mondeo cams a worthwhile swap, think the differences rs1800 had was cams, ecu, throttle body, inlet manifold and maf.

Standard red line is 6500 I think, if reving higher arp rod bolts a common good idea

[Edited on 29/9/12 by will121]

AdrianH

posted on 29/9/12 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the information so looks like worthwhile to fit and see what happens.

I picked up cams off ebay and then had second thoughts.

The CVH redlines at 5800 and think the rev counter stops slightly above that so may have to change the clock.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

austin man

posted on 29/9/12 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
2 litre cams yes i believe they give around 10bhp on the standards, I have reved mine to 7k and a bit on many occasions and it hasnt let go. The rover turbo maifold fits onto the zetec they are used when doing a turbo conversion. You could always but the Griffin type plenum or use bike carbs.

I used the blacktop tubular exhaust manifold on mine for weight and cost saving than had a downpipe made total cost of £35 . Mine runs bike carbs you couls also consider bike carbs as Throttle bodies

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.