Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham chassis Damaged + other parts, R1 4xv complete engine with ancilaries, zx9r E1 143hp tuned head+carbs
gmoto

posted on 13/11/12 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham chassis Damaged + other parts, R1 4xv complete engine with ancilaries, zx9r E1 143hp tuned head+carbs

Rather broke right this second so having a bit of a clear out of various bits and pieces.

Those 'projects' that have been sat in the corner not being worked on for over a year really should be the first to go.

Caterham:
I bought a crash damaged Caterham a while ago, intention was to do it up with a friend who's much better at welding than me.
Chassis has rear end damage and I was told is cat B. Have the numberplate and chassis has registration. Once repaired, it's still possible it can be back on the road under the old details as the system is a little less/more complex than insurers would have you believe from what I can tell - but also could be registered as a new vehicle too, I'm told.
I do have the rest of the bits of the car too, though some are damaged, but currently it's the chassis that really needs to go.
Believe it's an imperial chassis - pictures are below.
So far failed to find emails discussing from when I bought it with details. Do have numberplate somewhere to go with it.
Best offer, or may end up on ebay to let the 'market' decide, as not sure on value (but prefer to avoid ebay thanks to the fees, etc).
Will try and work out a sort of guide price as a few are asking, but really not sure on what's reasonable.

R1 engine:
I don't have the radiator, but have everything else for it to run.
From a friend's stolen recovered (recovered when the thieves crashed in to another vehicle and ran off) bike.
Thinking £600 including EVERYTHING needed for it to run bar the radiator and battery? (err, might actually have the battery too, but think it's dead.) So, ECU, carbs, airbox etc

ZX9R tuned head:
I bought a road registered ZX9R race bike in 2003; I wanted an R1, but couldn't afford one; thanks to a dink in the frame this came out at under half the price for better performance.
Had it dyno'd at big cc to show 143rwhp (a zzr1200 did 145hp on the same dyno, same day as a comparison.)
Unfortunately 3rd gear is on it's way out - I still used it now and then, but after a random electrical issue set in, ended up getting a GSXR1000.
Selling the head and carbs setup to match. I also have the full akrapovic titanium exhaust system with extra micron titanium can that fits too - but presuming that won't be of interest to people here.

So; head + carbs for £160, say?
I'd happily sell the entire engine, accepting it needs third gear replacing - £300 for the complete engine including carbs?

Delivery possible on all items, I reckon - but of course will have to be worked out.

[Edited on 13/11/12 by gmoto]

[Edited on 14/11/12 by gmoto]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jambojeef

posted on 13/11/12 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
U2U re: chassis
Wgroove

posted on 13/11/12 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
U2U send.
Hadders

posted on 13/11/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
U2U also sent.
gmoto

posted on 14/11/12 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
Caterham Pictures

Sorry for the location - got it uncovered and lifted on to here, but far from ideal.

From what I can tell the front is fine.
There's damage to the panel where the exhaust comes out - presumably thanks to that being knocked in the impact.
Of course the rear will have to be completely rebuilt!

As for price; I will try and work something out, but it's a bit hard to work out a 'fair price' as such.
Happy to consider any offers people are willing to make - may just end up slapping it on ebay with a 99p no reserve which should work out a 'fair market value', even if I do end up witht he likelyhood of ebay-messers.

[Edited on 14/11/12 by gmoto]

gmoto

posted on 14/11/12 at 12:56 AM Reply With Quote
All messages not replied to I think - give me another shout if I've missed you out .
gmoto

posted on 26/11/12 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Chassis plate:

Also a very badly listed gearbox from this car on ebay (far, far too busy!) - get a bargain while you can!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150950422897

[Edited on 26/11/12 by gmoto]

typ17

posted on 26/11/12 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

have you found the engine?

Could you place some pics.

Thanks

gmoto

posted on 26/11/12 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, been a lot busier than I was expecting to be - in headless chicken mode!

Did get it semi-dug out, then got distracted with other stuff.

Will try and sort in next couple of days.

My apologies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.