Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CNC Tube Bending
Minicooper

posted on 15/11/12 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
CNC Tube Bending

Hello all,
Are there any CNC tube benders, in or around the Hampshire area, I'm looking for some accurate bending of 2" tube or 50mm, 2.5mm approx wall thickness for a commercial project, it would be nice to have access to laser tube cutting on site aswell.
Each leg is about 2 metres long and has 2 bends in the same plane, initial batch would be around 20 legs

Cheers
David

clairetoo

posted on 15/11/12 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cant help with a source for this - but I will be watching this with interest as I am kooking for the same service

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

thefreak

posted on 15/11/12 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
I know it's probably not much use to the OP, but I had an exhaust made for the MEV over at Klarius in Uttoxeter. They have a CNC pipe bending machine to do the exhausts as I got them to knock me a couple of lengths of pipe up so I could make a wheel carrier for my trailer. Might be useful in some way or other Claire?
TAZZMAXX

posted on 15/11/12 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefreak
I know it's probably not much use to the OP, but I had an exhaust made for the MEV over at Klarius in Uttoxeter. They have a CNC pipe bending machine to do the exhausts as I got them to knock me a couple of lengths of pipe up so I could make a wheel carrier for my trailer. Might be useful in some way or other Claire?

That might be useful to me, I live at Uttoxeter and had never even heard of them before.

thefreak

posted on 15/11/12 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Give them a call and ask to speak to Doug, tell him Stewart from FreakyParts put you in touch. They may be able to help?
tegwin

posted on 15/11/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I know its a fair distance but MTC in Malvern have always been really helpful for me. They do all kinds of stuff from microbore up to BIG....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

cryoman1965

posted on 15/11/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/janspeed-performance-exhaust-systems-ltd-16347373.html

Hi Try this lot in Salisbury. Not used them myself but may be useful.

Cheers

Nige

hicost blade

posted on 15/11/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
U2u'd
ashg

posted on 15/11/12 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
unless you want 100-200+ then nobody will be interested in doing it on a cnc bender, its just not cost effective. the place that did my rollbar used a manual bender that had a dro and stopped at a set number of deg taking into account kick back.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Minicooper

posted on 15/11/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
unless you want 100-200+ then nobody will be interested in doing it on a cnc bender, its just not cost effective. the place that did my rollbar used a manual bender that had a dro and stopped at a set number of deg taking into account kick back.

I'm not sure if it needs to be a full house cnc bender, but at least a machine capable of consistant and repeatable bends so that each leg is as far as can be determined is the same.

I know that a manual bender is not up to the task in terms of accuracy, I've tried and it was possible, just, after a few goes anyway, that's how I made the prototype but it was very differcult to maintain reasonable accuracy and would not be a sensible way forward to make these

Cheers
David

coyoteboy

posted on 15/11/12 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Place that did my tin-top exhaust did it as a one off for £300 all in with a CNC bender. Can't be too cost ineffective?

nick205

posted on 16/11/12 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
Try Fluid Fabrication in Gosford, ask for Steve.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.