Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lighting, is this ok when it comes to IVA?
MK chippy

posted on 17/11/12 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Lighting, is this ok when it comes to IVA?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if this is ok or if all lights must be controlled by on/off buttons?

Side lights automatically on when ignition is switched on,

Dipped then automatically on when engine is started,

And a switch to turn on full beam.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Dave

Talon Motorsport

posted on 17/11/12 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
What was your donor loom from a Volvo?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MK chippy

posted on 17/11/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ha, no just the original r1 loom.

I like the way it's working just thought I'd check there's no IVA reg stating I've got to be able to turn the lights on and off?

ReMan

posted on 17/11/12 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
What was your donor loom from a Volvo?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

snapper

posted on 17/11/12 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Don't see a problem with that of course you will have main beam warning tell tales etc

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

steve m

posted on 17/11/12 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
My Front white leds, are wired up to the plus side of the coil, so as long as the engine is running, my leds are on

I was just to laxy at the time to add another wire from the fuse box, but may do over the winter

Chippy

posted on 17/11/12 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
May be wrong, but dont the side lights need to be able to be switched on without the engine running, "ie" when the vehicle is parked on the road at night. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

snowy2

posted on 18/11/12 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
i think that's right you must have the ability of having side lights on at night as "parking" lights, but other wise i think its ok for lights to come on with the ignition....there must be a tell tale for the sides/dips as well (dash illumination lights do for this.)

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

deezee

posted on 18/11/12 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Parking lights are only Optional for the IVA, for vehicles under 6m. Your sidelights must come on with one switch, which can be your ignition switch. All lights must have telltale indicators on the dash.

loggyboy

posted on 18/11/12 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
No reason IVA should have issue IMO, but I think i would want the ability to control them though. A couple of scanarios - heavy fog - headlights can make it a lot worse. Leaving the car on a dark road, I would want to leave my sides on (even if it was for 30secs while I posted a letter, got some cash out, etc etc)

Mistral Motorsport

coozer

posted on 18/11/12 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 56 Fiat Doblo that extinguishes all the lights when I turn the key off, and, I cant find anything that looks like a parking light..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

The Venom Project

posted on 18/11/12 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK chippy
Hi guys,

Just wondering if this is ok or if all lights must be controlled by on/off buttons?

Side lights automatically on when ignition is switched on,

Dipped then automatically on when engine is started,

And a switch to turn on full beam.

Any help would be great,

Cheers

Dave

I had an issue with my 1999 R1 lights, not sure if the Stator is on its way out, but we checked the Rectifier and all was well, I still had very dim lights, and although they worked I couldn't help but think I could improve how bright I could make them.

I converted the loom to use a pair of 30A car relays for dip and main beam, and although this isn't your issue, you may find an issue with having headlights on all the time whether using the aftermarket race batteries or a standard car battery.

My R1 loom is all standard, and I also use the switchgear, so I have a sidelight and dip beam switch and a flip switch on the left gear from dip to main,

After fitting my new relay loom, the lights were instantly brighter, and the issue I had whilst going from Sidelights to dip and then main beam was also resolved as it reset all my clocks with its voltage drop.

I know this is somewhat off the topic and advice you are looking for, but beware of any system that puts dip beam on straight away, you have only a few attempts to start the bike before the battery is flat.

I am sure this info is in no way helpful to your actual question

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

loggyboy

posted on 18/11/12 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I have a 56 Fiat Doblo that extinguishes all the lights when I turn the key off, and, I cant find anything that looks like a parking light..

Our Renault does that, but it still has a headlight switch tho, so you can turn off the headlights, then back on again and the sidelights will stay on even with the ign off.

Mistral Motorsport

theconrodkid

posted on 18/11/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:Originally posted by coozer

Our Renault does that, but it still has a headlight switch tho, so you can turn off the headlights, then back on again and the sidelights will stay on even with the ign off.

turn the key one more click anticlockwise and it puts the sidelights on and remove key.....yet another brilliant piece of Italian engineering

[Edited on 18/11/12 by theconrodkid]

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.