Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Half price Halfords tool sets
Slimy38

posted on 28/1/13 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Half price Halfords tool sets

Not sure whether this can help anyone, in my humble opinion the Halfords tool sets are pretty decent although I suspect most people on here will already be kitted up;

Half price tool kits

[Edited on 28/1/13 by Slimy38]

vanepico

posted on 28/1/13 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I got the 170 piece, first one I got was broken and didn't have the film wrap around it, got it changed for a 'new' one but it is good. £125 for something that is supposedly worth £250, no way I'd pay that much for it

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

Slimy38

posted on 29/1/13 at 06:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vanepico
I got the 170 piece, first one I got was broken and didn't have the film wrap around it, got it changed for a 'new' one but it is good. £125 for something that is supposedly worth £250, no way I'd pay that much for it

Oh definitely, I've never understood how the RRP's can ever make money but for half price it seems decent. They seem quite true to their 'lifetime guarantee' as well which is worth it's wait in gold.

jabs

posted on 29/1/13 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
The life time guarantee does not cover any tools with moving parts so the socket set ratchet and ratchet spanners are not covered
Padstar

posted on 29/1/13 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabs
The life time guarantee does not cover any tools with moving parts so the socket set ratchet and ratchet spanners are not covered

I know thats how its worded but i think they are relatively relaxed with it. I broke my 1/4 ratchet and took it back in with my laminated reciept and they handed me a brand new one no questions asked. It had taken a beating and eventualy broke after i had extended its handle with a scaffold tube for extra leverage so they could have easily turned me down for missuse.

I have found their profesional range extremely good quality and for the price (when half price delas are on) shop nowhere else for ratchet and spanners. The rest of the shop is a complete con.

Staple balls

posted on 29/1/13 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
They replaced my 1/4" ratchet no questions, I think it's a more a matter of obvious physical abuse that they get arsey about.
MikeRJ

posted on 29/1/13 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Padstar
I broke my 1/4 ratchet and took it back in with my laminated reciept and they handed me a brand new one no questions asked. It had taken a beating and eventualy broke after i had extended its handle with a scaffold tube for extra leverage

A scaffold tube on a 1/4" ratchet?

afj

posted on 30/1/13 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by Padstar
I broke my 1/4 ratchet and took it back in with my laminated reciept and they handed me a brand new one no questions asked. It had taken a beating and eventualy broke after i had extended its handle with a scaffold tube for extra leverage

A scaffold tube on a 1/4" ratchet?

Thats how a proper locoster does it lol

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.