Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa oil catch tank
parkiboy

posted on 16/4/13 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa oil catch tank

Hi, I am looking at adding an oil catch tank to my hayabusa MK in case of any slight overfills in the dry sump.

Currently the dry sump overflow goes to a t-piece which then goes to the intake and a return to the block. I know the tank should go in between the dry sump overflow and this t- piece but my question is, do I need to purchase a tank with a breather filter or does it not need one?

I'm planning on just getting a cheap ebay ones as im in the process of buying my first house so moneys a bit tighter than usual, yes I know there not as good as tanks such as the mocal ones but they are surely better than the plastic bottles some people use.

Cheers

daniel mason

posted on 16/4/13 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
basically the tank should have 2 inlets. 1 from d/s overflow and 1 from crank case breather i think. the tank should be vented (with filter) an the rest of the setup fully sealed

parkiboy

posted on 16/4/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
The pipe from the crank case breather goes to a t-joint which goes to the air filter and to the dry sump overflow, I wondered if it needed the breather filter with it bein linked to the air filter?
daniel mason

posted on 16/4/13 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
what do you mean by air filter?

parkiboy

posted on 16/4/13 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
My pipercross air filter a pipe comes from there into this T joint.
parkiboy

posted on 17/4/13 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
I have took a photo of what I am on about.

I also found this on another forum:
"With a breather you are venting to atmosphere. Without you are retouting it back somewhere: either back into the intake under suction, or into the exhaust. Routing it back into the intake has drawbacks that you will recirculate oil vapor back into the engine and get a nice coating of oil in the tract. Routing into the exhaust can be done so you have a ventury effect and draw a vaccum during decel, low throttle, or idle; though I've heard the vapor in the exhaust can still burn off the oil residue. "

So am I right in saying if I keep it linked onto the air intake I need a sealed can? However if I was to remove it I need a can with a breather?

Cheers

danny keenan

posted on 17/4/13 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Craig

Have a look on our facebook page there are pictures of or dry sump set ups.or call and see us I will talk you through it

Thanks

parkiboy

posted on 17/4/13 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Danny, are you in on Saturday? If so I might pop through! I want to price a few things up anyway.
danny keenan

posted on 17/4/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I'm in all day Saturday.come along anytime.are you going brands with Paul,Andy and dale to watch me in the rgb?
parkiboy

posted on 17/4/13 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
When is it? I have a lot on at the minute coz we are moving, dont Even know if im going to make stoneleigh yet! I haven't spoke to Paul in a while, I need to give him a call.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.