New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So what was Newark show like this year
jacko

posted on 16/6/13 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
So what was Newark show like this year

As i did not get was it busy and can you post photos on here of the show please
Thankyou
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Valtra

posted on 16/6/13 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hope the weather was ok for everybody its been dry here all weekend but I know there were heavy storms yesterday as I was at Sheffield uni open day and drove by Newark there and back .

gutted I've missed another show as the summer clicks by but think I've made some progress tuning my injection

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

stig mills

posted on 16/6/13 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sat night party was brill, see here;
http://www.mevowners.proboards.com/thread/3876/newark-2013?page=2

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
HowardB

posted on 16/6/13 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I was there for a couple of hours on Saturday morning,.. 9-11, it was quiet when I arrived, but a steady stream of cars coming in as I left.

It was windy and cold, and I had just got soaked in a shower, but it was good never the less.

I would think that it would be a good thing to have a locostbuilders pitch perhaps,..?

I hope to get the time to go again next year,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

coozer

posted on 16/6/13 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote

And us!

Nice to meet friends and new people, had a good 3 days there chatting about cars and 6 cylinder engines

Good weekend, shame more cars didnt turn up but just enough to make it good

[Edited on 16/6/13 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jossey

posted on 16/6/13 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
i went for some spare parts for mine and found the traders bit very quiet. That said I didnt see anyone I knew but it seemed ok with the amount of cars that had attended.

Just wished that it was a little more busy.

I went from 12:30 to 2pm

DJ

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

bi22le

posted on 16/6/13 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

[Edited on 16/6/13 by coozer]

Oooooo what a lovely donor!!!

[Edited on 16/6/13 by bi22le]

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

coozer

posted on 16/6/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, my thoughts exactly

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Relph

posted on 16/6/13 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Went today and had a good day helped by the nice weather.
ReMan

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Not bad, a bit quiet.
Heres my non kit photies
[url= http://www.plusnine.co.uk/gallery/cars/ [/url]

[Edited on 16/6/13 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I went today (Sunday) and it wasn't packed by any stretch.
Very few stands in the main hall (due to its size) though clearly MEV is on the up with a very good turn out of their vehicles.
Met a really nice fella on the Gardner Douglas stand who was 99.9% of the way through a build of a T70 - wow that's a lovely piece of kit and looks amazing. There was also a nice looking DNA 5uderia with lots of black tape to cover up the badges of a well known prancing horse.
MNR and GBS were also there with a couple of cars. The white MNR was finished really well and looked fab. Didn't see MK ?

The for sale section had a couple of RS200's and a DNA - I was expecting to see more se7ens (there was only 1)

RHOCAR had a good turn out, there was a good few cars there this morning - they were easy to find too. Mk Owners club had half a dozen cars parked up when we walked past.

This was my first time at Newark and I was a little disappointed at its size.

We would have probably stayed a bit longer and talked to more people if there was a Locostbuilders pitch - maybe we could all chip in and help setup a common meeting post at the next show - maybe that's for another thread.

paulf

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
There is a locost pitch but most people seem to just park up and then disappear around the show for the day, there was actually a quite good turn out of Locosts today but it would be good if things were a bit more organised as a group.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by Barkalarr
I went today (Sunday) and it wasn't packed by any stretch.
Very few stands in the main hall (due to its size) though clearly MEV is on the up with a very good turn out of their vehicles.
Met a really nice fella on the Gardner Douglas stand who was 99.9% of the way through a build of a T70 - wow that's a lovely piece of kit and looks amazing. There was also a nice looking DNA 5uderia with lots of black tape to cover up the badges of a well known prancing horse.
MNR and GBS were also there with a couple of cars. The white MNR was finished really well and looked fab. Didn't see MK ?

The for sale section had a couple of RS200's and a DNA - I was expecting to see more se7ens (there was only 1)

RHOCAR had a good turn out, there was a good few cars there this morning - they were easy to find too. Mk Owners club had half a dozen cars parked up when we walked past.

This was my first time at Newark and I was a little disappointed at its size.

We would have probably stayed a bit longer and talked to more people if there was a Locostbuilders pitch - maybe we could all chip in and help setup a common meeting post at the next show - maybe that's for another thread.

Vindi_andy

posted on 16/6/13 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Went to Newark today Sunday for the first time in 3 years and was quite disappointed. Was very quiet not many good trade stands very few manufacturers although as hasnbeen said mev had a good showing the replicas and monster looking good.

Club stands were well attended from what I could see although mine was the only vindicator for a good 3 hours. Spent a while sorting paper work with john but am pleased I have got tango back with an impressive piece of engineering that is the towbar.

dhutch

posted on 17/6/13 at 04:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
I would think that it would be a good thing to have a locostbuilders pitch perhaps?

Not been to a kitcar show for a year or two what with one thing and other, specifically at the moment as im in India, but it does sounds like LCB are big enough to have a stand at these shows. Wouldn't perhaps expect the turn out of WSCC' s Stoneleigh stand, but we should be able to do more or as many cars as a lot of other clubs.

Daniel

40inches

posted on 17/6/13 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Sunday wasn't bad, for Newark. It's a small show, but good enough for a run out, and cheap to get in.
10 years ago it was a lot bigger, with most of the outside pitches taken up with traders,it would take an hour to walk round them all.
Seeing a lot of club pitches empty, I wondered what the cost of a pitch was? With the lack of a Locostbuilders pitch, I parked on the end of the MK owners, they needed the support
I did notice a pitch (empty) with a board marked "any other cars", perhaps next year we could lay claim to it?

Just checked on the show website, club pitches are free, so next year? We are a club, of sorts

[Edited on 17-6-13 by 40inches]

big_l

posted on 17/6/13 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Well I thought the show was a big improvement from last year !

Certainly on Sunday there was plenty to see and do always has a good vibe about Newark show

And best of the weekend was the Satarday night party man the hall was packed no spare chairs anywhere and the jakks soon got the dance floor packed too
Apologies to anyone who I offended wilst being slightly wasted (mainly the northern roadsters)
Really really enjoyed the hole weekend and also nice to see that people noticed my car on the MNR stand see you all soon

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

daveb666

posted on 17/6/13 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
I went, mainly do to some shopping and have a nosey around other peoples cars and steal some ideas. Bought a couple of bits that I was after and took some snaps which I'll post up this week.

big_l - your car is stunning. I took lots of pics of it

big_l

posted on 17/6/13 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Daveb666 thanks for the kind words mate I appreciate it

daveb666

posted on 17/6/13 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Seriously one of the car's of the show for me.

Stole some great ideas from your car, and got some info on where the rear lights came from from Mr MNR himself (I think it was him that gave me the information).

Also bought a pair of carbon rear arch protectors off him for 25 quid

big_l

posted on 17/6/13 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell strong words ! Kit cars aren't something you build to impress people you build them for your own pleasure but when you get comments like this it makes you smile none the less

Lights are smoked crystal lights from svc but I've since found out MNR also can get them and they were cheaper than I paid lol
If you spoke to Marc he probably won't know this because he doesn't do anything with ordering etc but if you call Chris @ MNR I'm sure he will help out

[Edited on 17/6/13 by big_l]

ray.h.

posted on 17/6/13 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
front calliper decided to seize on the fiesta and had to turn round after only a few miles. im so pee,d off I missed out. grrrrrrrr
RoadkillUK

posted on 18/6/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
We went up on Saturday, got there late so missed the Saturday show, camped overnight and had a good look round on Sunday.

HERE are some Photos.
^^^^

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.