Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Renaul Ng3 box dimensions
thomas4age

posted on 31/7/13 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Renaul Ng3 box dimensions

I might have put this in the wrong section under running gear, I hope someone can help me.

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/3/viewthread.php?tid=183977

grtz thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

MakeEverything

posted on 31/7/13 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Thomas.

I have a J7T engine and UN1 in my shed. The UN1 is the same casing as the NG3 IIRC, so you should be able to use the UN1 dimensions. Also, the pictures have dimensions on them on the top?

Both the NG3 and UN1 share the same bellhousing, so are interchangeable.

ETA: i would go for a renault 21 turbo J7R engine and UN1 rather than the J7T and NG3.

[Edited on 31-7-13, by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

thomas4age

posted on 31/7/13 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Make-everything,

I'm 100% sure that the NG3 has a different casing than the UN1, the can be told appart by counting the number of bolts in the top of the casing (the NG3 has one less than a UN1) also the NG3 is smaller in width and hight.
you can be correct about the outer measurements btw the length can easily be the same. good one on the bellhousing I didn't know that.

The most important mesaurement for me is the whidt of the box inbetween the driveshaft flanges I want to make splined flanges (as are availeble for UN1 to ford driveshaft) but then adapted to the HY drive shaft flange. Or even more simple make a steel adapter that goes inbetween the stock renault and citroen.
since I cannot alter the HY driveshafts I need to make sure that ädapters" fit inbewteen the stock driveshafts and non stock trans. the original box has 330mm of width. can you measure this on your UN1?

since this HY van is never going to be sporty and space is limited I'm going for the NA version and ad LPG install.

grtz Thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.