Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC road tax
dave107

posted on 13/8/13 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
BEC road tax

As above what should I pay just given DVLA £140.00 not sure this is right, engine R1 998cc, sent local office email but not heard back yet.

Dave

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 13/8/13 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
All kitcar tax, BEC or CEC is based on engine size, under 1549cc is £140 for a year, anything over is £225

Mistral Motorsport

Mr Whippy

posted on 13/8/13 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Would the Normal DVLA vehicle check not show the tax band that's its down as?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 13/8/13 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
^^ what loggyboy said

kitcars aren't type approved so they have no CO² firgures for your exact model (these figures are set by standardised european tests for every car model / engine combination)

without these CO² levels they can't place you in one of the new tax bands so you get the same tax as any pre-2001 car which is either £140 for less than 1549cc (or £225 for over 1549cc)

[Edited on 13/8/2013 by mcerd1]

-

dave107

posted on 13/8/13 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
OK I understand as I have no Co2 emission figures, but it's not so clear, as I have registered my car today 2013, so it doesn't fall into registered before 2001, and on or after 2001 doesn't fall into this category at there are no Co2 emission figures

cars registered before 1st March 2001 (based on engine size) not over 1549cc £140.00.

Cars registered on or after 1st March 2001 (based on fuel type and Co2 emissions)

Seems simple to me that it's a bike engine, motorcycle over 600cc £78.00.

I'm ok with £140.00 so glad to get my car finally on the road after 5 years.

Dave

bigrich

posted on 13/8/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thing is its no longer a bike its a car so cant be taxed as a bike over 600cc. always taxed as low capacity car engine in my experiece.

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

loggyboy

posted on 13/8/13 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave107
OK I understand as I have no Co2 emission figures, but it's not so clear, as I have registered my car today 2013, so it doesn't fall into registered before 2001, and on or after 2001 doesn't fall into this category at there are no Co2 emission figures

cars registered before 1st March 2001 (based on engine size) not over 1549cc £140.00.

Cars registered on or after 1st March 2001 (based on fuel type and Co2 emissions)

Seems simple to me that it's a bike engine, motorcycle over 600cc £78.00.

I'm ok with £140.00 so glad to get my car finally on the road after 5 years.

Dave

Its slightly misleading, but it should read 'Type approved cars, registered after... etc etc'

You have to remeber kit cars are very much a minority, so not every peice of info on .gov websites etc can suit every niche car/situation.

Youve fitted a bike engine to a car, so its not a bike anymore, yours is car, under 1549cc.

[Edited on 13-8-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 13/8/13 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Done to death here, but yes, £140 is your correct required contribution to the public sector debt.

Just be thankful that the gummit doesn't (as yet) seem to be planning a 40% forced induction levy (as per the MSA) on older vehicles....

mcerd1

posted on 14/8/13 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
direct.gov and the likes have all been 'simplified' in the last few years to the point were they are almost no use to anyone

i'm sure the actual tax act has a statment like '....where CO² figures are available.... else treat as a pre-march 2001....'

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.