Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TVR S2 1989 Blue
82 Locost

posted on 23/8/13 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
TVR S2 1989 Blue

Full advert and video HERE

I have owned this TVR since 1998 and have loved it. I'm selling due to lack of use and an overseas posting to Italy. I drove this to my wedding so I have had to really wrestle with myself to advertise it. Gutted.
12 months MOT with no advisories.

Half leather cream interior with blue piping, matched with blue carpets with cream piping. The hood is in very good condition with minor marking to the rear screen which would polish out.

I changed the engine in 2007 for a low mileage one, and it's done about 2000 miles since. Starts first time and runs well with low emissions recorded in all MOTs since. Clutch changed when the engine was changed. Prop shaft had new UJs fitted in 2008.

Chassis, suspension and fuel tank stripped back to bare metal in 2007 and then painted with 3 coats of POR-15 and wax-oyled since.

Recent replacement front calipers, disks and pads. New clutch master and slave cylinder fitted last month.

Wheels are original and are in very good condition, could do with a buff and lacquer. Stainless steel exhaust sounds great. Comes with original spare wheel and Steve Heath bible, and a stack of TVR magazines.

Things to be sorted (and reflected in price):

The driver's side rear light has a crack and should be replaced - still passes MOT.

There is some crazing on the bonnet and a small crack to the tub above the rear light.Some small patches of paint/body damage here and there. If I was keeping it I'd have these repaired once any other jobs had been done.

Engine has good oil pressure but the lead from the sender recently broke and I can't find a new one.

Odometer doesn't always count up. Give it a cheeky tap and it does, you just have to remember to tap it.

Overall, this is a genuine TVR that could do with a little TLC to get it to top spec again. I've always loved it as it is, and with the roof down and the engine burbling, there is nothing better. Always turns heads.

Full advert and video HERE

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.