Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Selling a kit car abroad help!!!
Nickctp

posted on 18/9/13 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
Selling a kit car abroad help!!!

Morning all,

When selling a kit car to another EU country (Italy) - do I need to supply a certificate of conformity to the buyer??

Many thanks

Nick

matt_claydon

posted on 18/9/13 at 06:06 AM Reply With Quote
A kit car doesn't have a CoC, these are issued by manufacturers only for type-approved mass produced vehicles. The best you can do is provide a copy of the MAC or IVAC and V5C, but make sure buyer has checked what their local authority will accept as many countries do not recognise IVA or SVA.
HappyFather

posted on 18/9/13 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
According to European Law EC 2007/46 passed on to each EU member's local law, the IVA (or equivalent in any country) only provides a National Certificate. CoCs are granted, as said before, only to mass produced cars.

It is up to any EU country, when there is a request to import a car, to either accept the other country's National Certificate, refuse it completely or request further testing to accept it.
I believe currently, Germany and France refuse UK's National Certificate, Portugal accepts, Spain requires some further testing to calculate emissions (or noise?) and ensure they are below some value. Don't know on other countries.

Nickctp

posted on 18/9/13 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Right, thanks for clarification on this however my car was originally built in 2002 PRE IVA /SVA testing I beleive? It is registered on it's age related plates (1979) relating to the donor vehicle.

With the above taken into account - am I right in thinking all I need to do is fill in the permanent export part of the V5?

Thanks

Peteff

posted on 18/9/13 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickctp
Right, thanks for clarification on this however my car was originally built in 2002 PRE IVA /SVA testing I beleive? It is registered on it's age related plates (1979) relating to the donor vehicle.

With the above taken into account - am I right in thinking all I need to do is fill in the permanent export part of the V5?

Thanks

It would have to be pre 1998 to not have SVA and yes you do just need to fill in the permanently exported section.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Nickctp

posted on 18/9/13 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:

Thanks

It would have to be pre 1998 to not have SVA and yes you do just need to fill in the permanently exported section.

How is my car legally registered then?? I do not have a certificate for this. Am I missing something?

matt_claydon

posted on 18/9/13 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
[...]
How is my car legally registered then?? I do not have a certificate for this. Am I missing something?

Quite possibly it's not

What does the V5 say under Make and Model?

If it still has the donor's details then I'm afraid the original builder has pulled a fast one.

If it has the correct details for the kit, then either it was built earlier than you thought or DVLA have messed up.

Or possibly it did have SVA but you just don't have a copy of the certificate.

[Edited on 18/9/13 by matt_claydon]

adithorp

posted on 18/9/13 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:

Thanks

Because after SVA the MAC certificate is sent/given to DVLA when you register the car and they keep it.

Some people photocopy there cert' first but not all do.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Nickctp

posted on 18/9/13 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all
Lightning

posted on 18/9/13 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Is that to Leonardo?

Steve

Nickctp

posted on 18/9/13 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning
Is that to Leonardo?

??

JonnyS

posted on 18/9/13 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning
Is that to Leonardo?

??

He is based in Italy and acts as an agent for Italian purchasers. Top guy to deal with

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.