Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit cars are awesome!!!
AndyW

posted on 6/10/13 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Kit cars are awesome!!!

Hi all,

Was going to pop over to Graveley for the SG7 meet, but I had a few things to sort at home so could not get there, then my brother came over to drop round birthday pressie for my daughter, then I "had" to have a go in his exige, and then the I took the kids round the block for a drive, then the wife was left, so I took her out in the kit too. Her reaction?

"it was alright"

"Its just a car"

lol.....

Anyhow was going to then go and see my mate Carl (sorry to her about your loss mate), but he could not make it, so went for a little drive that ended up about 47 miles. the car ran great.

This car is amazing, just simply love it. Fast when it needs to be, gentle, but a bit of a rough ride. It's actually quite surprising how nice it is to cruise along. 60mph was quite comfortable even with just the aeroscreen.

Not a great pic but the exige and the kit on the drive.

Description
Description

Description
Description

I was thinking of reasons to not go to Le Mans next year in the kit, but now I'm sure it's got to be done!!!

Massive smiles here and thanks again for all those who helped me during the build.

40inches

posted on 6/10/13 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Too right! I popped up to the garage, to put fuel in the MK, this afternoon. A 3 mile round trip, took me an hour and a quarter, and I had less fuel in, when I got back, than when I left home

scudderfish

posted on 6/10/13 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
Too right! I popped up to the garage, to put fuel in the MK, this afternoon. A 3 mile round trip, took me an hour and a quarter, and I had less fuel in, when I got back, than when I left home

You better go and put some more in then!

40inches

posted on 6/10/13 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

You better go and put some more in then!

I think I had better go in the tintop with a Jerry Can

parkiboy

posted on 6/10/13 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sold my kit this weekend :-( was a very brief ownership but I couldn't get on with the bike engine so because kit cars are awesome, I'm now in the market for a car engined kit or thinking about doing a new build.

I'm now at an age where I can get insured on some cars I always wanted, like the s2000 and m3, but has to be another kit, won't be without one for long!

daniel mason

posted on 6/10/13 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
look for a used westy or caterham! residuals are very strong.and they are very well sorted cars!

kj

posted on 6/10/13 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Too right in the middle of BeC change

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 6/10/13 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like fun!

We had a good old chat down at theGeorge and Dragon. A great day for for a drive!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.