Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lost logbook and new car on Wednesday
parkiboy

posted on 14/10/13 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Lost logbook and new car on Wednesday

Stressing a bit here, my girlfriends gone and lost her log book to her mini and we ar supposed to be picking up her fiat 500 abarth on Wednesday, we have tore the house upside down.

She has already signed to a finance deal for the car with a part ex value of 2.5k on her car.

What should we do in this situation? We have the cash to substitute the part ex value and could do that and sell the mini ourselves but I'm guessing they will not be happy about this as they will be making money on her car (although it is just going to auction), we can get a replacement logbook but obviously that takes time which we do not have.

Thanks

Staple balls

posted on 14/10/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
The dealers when we traded our crapbox in were happy enough to wait a few weeks for us to get a fresh V5, Saying that, it was only £150 trade in
loggyboy

posted on 14/10/13 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
With a receipt and ID, I cant see them not accepting the car, have u asked them?

[Edited on 14-10-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

parkiboy

posted on 14/10/13 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Not yet going to ring them in the morning, didn't realise til after they closed. Luckily the receipt is something we can find.
benchmark51

posted on 14/10/13 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Don't stress over it. I'm guessing you are going through a dealer, so they will probably come across this before.
Just need to fill out the neccesary form and get a new log book. The new owner of your car would have to do that anyway.

Not Anumber

posted on 14/10/13 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Chances are if they are only planning to take the car to auction they would actually be happier with the cash instead. Seriously if he is putting into auction with the up and down nature of auction prices minusthe selling fees etc the chances are that £ 2.5 k cash is worth more to them than the car- so offer less than £ 2.5k. Look on this as your chance to re open negotianions on terms slightly more favourable to yourself..

Try telling them the car is now unavailable for part ex but you have been able to borrow some more money.
Say you have scraped together about £ 1.8 k tops and that you will otherwise have to walk away. Have the money in your hand when you say that, watch his eyes, wait for him to agree, make sure he thinks you will walk if he doesn't accept it.

Loom for the V5 at your leisure, if you cant find it send off the form for a duplicate and put the car on autotrader. Have a few good nights out on the money you have saved yourselves.

ashg

posted on 15/10/13 at 03:04 AM Reply With Quote
Mini to a fiat 500 having driven both the mini is a far superior drive. Isn't that a downgrade? As for the v5 you don't need it to sell it as is not considered as proof of ownership. The new owner can apply to the dvla for a new v5 so don't stress too much.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

parkiboy

posted on 15/10/13 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
Mini to a fiat 500 having driven both the mini is a far superior drive. Isn't that a downgrade? As for the v5 you don't need it to sell it as is not considered as proof of ownership. The new owner can apply to the dvla for a new v5 so don't stress too much.

I don't think so I was well impressed with the abarth, I wouldnt have considered the normal 500 and going from just a cooper I consider it an upgrade, we did consider the cooper s but I think they are ridiculously over priced so settled on the abarth.

Cheers guys I'll let you know how I ho on today.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.