Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RX8 V6 engine swap
KFC

posted on 26/9/16 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_cowley
Nearly there, not sure what im going to do about inlet yet. jenveys are a little out of my price range

[Edited on 26/9/16 by marc_cowley]

Wow, looks like you've just started? You don't know what you're doing about the inlet? You that the inlet runner shape and length is very important? Making your own will take so much time and effort to get right. Manurfactures spend a fortune to get it right. Can you not use the original and what about the ignition system? How many systems do you have to make? Cooling, fuel, exhaust?
All of mine are custom because of the complexities of moving a transversed engine to longitudinal format, if I do another one, it will be an engine that is already a rear wheel drive layout. I'd love a push rod V8 like the LS1. So small compared to a Lexus 4.0 V8.

A bigger engine that over hangs the front axel line will change the handling but I'm sure the great sound of a V8 and happy rear end would make up for it.

marc_cowley

posted on 26/9/16 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
I understand about inlet manifold design, i may end up going throttle bodies al-a your setup but thats a way off, everything is boltable together, but yeah it is still in quite early stages, i dont get as much time on it as id like and im doing it all outside, i dont have a workshop, but it'll get there eventually.

C30 T5

KFC

posted on 26/9/16 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_cowley
I understand about inlet manifold design, i may end up going throttle bodies al-a your setup but thats a way off, everything is boltable together, but yeah it is still in quite early stages, i dont get as much time on it as id like and im doing it all outside, i dont have a workshop, but it'll get there eventually.

Ah ok. I thought I had it rough, I have a small garage that measures 18' X 10'.
It is very tight but I've had many evenings in it when it's been pouring rain out and thought at the time "I'm glad I've got this little garage"
Any questions you've got just ask or send me a message.

jimmyhotrod

posted on 14/11/16 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
i might be interested in your sump and or throttle bodies / airbox... mostly the sump if it will fit my mx5!
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.