Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Graphics cards for sale
ChrisW

posted on 27/11/13 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
Graphics cards for sale

I have a bunch of RADEON 5870 graphics cards for sale due to dismantling my bitcoin mining setup.

Choice of nine, various brands - Gigabyte, Powercolor, XFX, etc. PCI-E slot of course. Two DVIs, an HDMI and whatever the mac one is called (display port is it?)

Some have boxes, some have not. I have a couple of matched pairs too with cross-fire cables, etc.

A little long in the tooth now but can still do a reasonable job with modern games.

Prices £60-75 depending on brand, condition, etc. U2u me if interested with your requirement and budget and I'll see what I've got.

Also I have a Powercolor 5850 passive cooled card that I'm tempted to part with. Ex my desktop PC, completely silent running, just make sure your case is well ventilated if you intend to push it hard. £75.

Chris

[Edited on 27/11/2013 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 28/11/13 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Bitcoins!!

This was nothing to do with you Chris was it?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

ChrisW

posted on 28/11/13 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
No, lol. I bet there will be plenty of pikeys there today though digging through the rubbish! For a £4m pay day it's probably worth it!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 28/11/13 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, you're probably right there Chris

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

FuryRebuild

posted on 28/11/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting that you're dismantling when the price of bitcoin is surging - I was even thinking of building a farm, but going asic instead.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

ChrisW

posted on 28/11/13 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah ASIC is the way now. GPUs are dead in the water for Bitcoin. I hear they still work ok for litecoin though, not looked into it to be honest.

Chris

My gaff my rules

FuryRebuild

posted on 28/11/13 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bitcoin is starting to get very interesting, but we're at the spot where there are people creating DC installations to do this, and I can't help wondering if we're getting into a Douglas Adams place with bitcoin and litecoin, where he was talking about there are only two major galactic currencies out there - "the Trianic Ningi and the Pu. The conversion rate of 9 ningis to one pu is simple enough, but when a ningi is a giant rubber coin 40000 miles on a side, no-one has ever collected enough to own one Pu. And anyway the galactic banks refuse to deal in fiddling small change".

I can see litecoin filling the gap - after all why wouldn't there be multiple digital currencies?

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

Fozzie

posted on 28/11/13 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Yeah ASIC is the way now. GPUs are dead in the water for Bitcoin. I hear they still work ok for litecoin though, not looked into it to be honest.

Chris

Blimmin 'eck! I was just about getting my head around Bitcoins .... now I 'need' to know about ASIC !?!?

Soooo much catching up to do! ....lol...

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Peteff

posted on 29/11/13 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Blimmin 'eck! I was just about getting my head around Bitcoins .... now I 'need' to know about ASIC !?!?

Soooo much catching up to do! ....lol...

Isn't it the jelly that you get in pork pies ? I wouldn't worry about it Fozzie if you're managing without it right now you obviously don't need it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.