Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flatshift settings MS2
dave_424

posted on 21/12/13 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Flatshift settings MS2

Hi guys, planning on trying out flatshift on my buggy tomorrow, turbo zx9 engine and was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the right direction on the kind of settings that will get me started. I've got a microswitch on my gear stick that gets activated when I pull to change up. I have read that the best way of determining the RPM points is to see what the RPM fall to at each gear change and take the average, for me that would be 9710rpm

The settings are:

ARMING RPM: Guessing that this is the RPM at which flatshift is enabled, setting this at 6k.

FLATSHIFT MODE RETARD ABOVE: This is the RPM at which is starts to retard timing setting this at 9.5k

RETARD TO: Timing (deg) to retard to, setting this at -30 for large amounts of exhaust energy to keep boost however I have been told that MS can only go to -10 deg

FLATSHIFT HARD REV LIMIT: This is the RPM that sparks are cut. Setting this at 9.8k also cutting 16 of 17 sparks

Am I on the right track or am I going to have a frustrating time getting this thing dialled in?

Any and all info welcome

Dave

edthedrummer

posted on 21/12/13 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Arming RPM: Should indeed be when the flatshift setting is enabled, partially irrelevant, becauase you wouldn't be looking to flatshift at anything other than full throttle anyway.

Retard to: if it only goes to -10, go to -10 if you wish. I can't give specific figures.

Flathift Retard above + Flatshift Rev Limit: I Don't fully understand the idea of these? Surely as long as your above the specified minimum flatshift RPM Threshold you set as mentioned earlier, then why do you need to set the RPM for retard and hard cut?

dave_424

posted on 21/12/13 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
Okay thanks, well there has to be some settings there for the user to set what RPM he wants to be held at while shifting. It's the exact way megasquirt makes you set up a rev limit, a retard RPM and a cut RPM. Maybe it isn't as important of a setting as I am thinking it is. Basically if I shift at redline, I am way over my soft and hard cut limits so they will be in effect even though I am at like 12000rpm. Thinking about it like that then, I'll just set the limits to what my RPM's fall to from first to second and it should all be good for the rest of the gears.

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.