Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Admin contact
sa-fabrication

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:53 PM
Admin contact

Hi all,
Im looking for a Admin contact. I have messaged Chris with no reply, so im looking for someone else who can help.

Basically Ive paid my trader registration fee and the account limits have not been changed. Bit miffed to be honest as Im paying to provide you guys with a damm good deal and I cant give it to you at present.

If someone could help it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

daveb666

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:00 PM
Post in here in the short-term mate. At least people can see your offers...

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

mookaloid

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:00 PM
you could try Fozzie - she is the only other admin on the site.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

sa-fabrication

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:18 PM
Thanks guys.
If its not been updated by the morning then I will post in this section.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

perksy

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:34 PM
Try Fozzie

She's always been really helpful

big_wasa

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:51 PM
what you selling
sa-fabrication

posted on 12/2/14 at 07:57 AM
Group buy on rear diffusers.

We also make other products including roll cages for kit cars.

ChrisW

posted on 12/2/14 at 10:28 AM
Just so everyone is aware, the payment was made at 19:35 on Monday and this thread started at 08:53 on Tuesday. You didn't exactly give me much time to respond before complaining, Steve. I do have a job and life outside of this site...

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sa-fabrication

posted on 12/2/14 at 10:43 AM
Chris,
Im not going to get into a argument about this, but if someone pays so they can do something on here then I would expect it to be within a couple of hours. Especially the sum of money it is for one month. I dont have to come on here and pay to provide offers, my customers speak for me.

I do have a company to run and orders to fill other that filling in forms on forums, and I dont have a life because I do the first so damm well.

Thanks
Steve

ChrisW

posted on 12/2/14 at 10:53 AM
In that case you have clearly misunderstood how this site operates. It's not a commercial venture, I run it in my spare time. If it's commercial advertising and people ready to answer your queries at unsociable hours you require I suggest you look elsewhere, but good luck finding anything like that for the £15 you've spent!

That being the case, I'll issue a refund and you can plug your business elsewhere.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Not Anumber

posted on 12/2/14 at 11:07 AM
Steve. Whether you want to argue or not anyone on here will tell you that isn't a reasonable expectation.

As you will have hopefully gathered by now this forum is run first and foremost as a hobby site not a commercial venture. Chris doesn't draw a salary, the money from advertisers goes to offset the hosting costs- when this fails Chris has to subsidise the difference. There are no profits, support is provided by a volunteer so no one could realistically expect 24 /7 service.

Anyway mate how cheap are your rear diffusers ?

ChrisW

posted on 12/2/14 at 11:16 AM
Thanks for this. I think perhaps the OP needs to investigate how much alternative advertising costs, for example in magazines or on Google, before complaining about £15.

Re: the diffuser, I would appreciate it if you would vote with your feet. There are plenty of others who trade on here that can help you I'm sure!

Chris

My gaff my rules

sa-fabrication

posted on 12/2/14 at 11:20 AM
I know how much alternative advertising costs. I am fully aware.
How come the thread I posted has been deleted and I have just had a refund? Am I no longer allowed to post then?

Fozzie

posted on 12/2/14 at 12:55 PM
Copied and pasted from the Traders Registration page:-

'......Registrations are usually processed with 24 hours however, if your account has not been upgraded with 36 hours please contact the webmaster. '

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

loggyboy

posted on 12/2/14 at 01:25 PM
Whilst I appreciate he was being a little impatient, it might be a little harsh to throw the money back at him and deny him a trader status? Unless anything has happened behind the scenes?

Mistral Motorsport

ChrisW

posted on 12/2/14 at 01:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Whilst I appreciate he was being a little impatient, it might be a little harsh to throw the money back at him and deny him a trader status? Unless anything has happened behind the scenes?

It's the attitude that annoys me in situations like this. I would much rather nip it in the bud and tell someone I don't want to do business with them than deal with the inevitable issues later on. I've already wasted more than £15 worth of time on this.

"I dont have to come on here and pay to provide offers"

Absolutely correct, and likewise, I don't have to accept traders that I suspect will be more trouble than they are worth.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

twybrow

posted on 12/2/14 at 02:23 PM
Come on chaps, sort it out. Chris - yes the OP had perhaps been a little hasty, but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. He is a trader who offers products and services that seem to be well regarded. Yes, it is your right to not accept him onto your site, but sooner or later you will have no members or traders left if you effectively kick out anyone who you disagree with. I know you make no money from Locostbuilders, but if you want it to continue, please be a little more tolerant before we lose yet more members to the Haynes forum and other like minded sites.
sa-fabrication

posted on 12/2/14 at 03:01 PM
Right lets get this straight. Chris 24 hours had passed without hearing anything, not even a automated message saying it can take 24 to 48 hours for the changes to take effect. As far as I was aware the changes would happen within a few hours.

Yes I was probably hasty, but I wanted to promote this deal that is effectively a steal deal.

Chris, What further issues down the line? I dont understand that one.

I find it funny how this is the only forum that has a issue with me. Everyone else is supportive of my offers and advice.

I have made a decision that I wont be posting on here any more. It only seems to cause issues. I only asked about changing the account and instead I have received all the above posts.

I would much rather take my business elsewhere.

sdh2903

posted on 12/2/14 at 03:26 PM
This sounds ridiculous! Chris as much as I appreciate your efforts with this site but I find your attitude very poor, you can't cast negative opinions about small businesses trying to support this industry without due cause. The guy just sounds keen to drum up business and you accuse him of being a trouble causer.

It looks like us, the contributors, have missed out on a service being provided by a guy who from other reports has a very good reputation.

Poor show.

[Edited on 12/2/14 by sdh2903]

[Edited on 12/2/14 by sdh2903]

MikeCapon

posted on 12/2/14 at 06:55 PM
Chris is absolutely right. When you've run any kind of business for a while you soon learn that there are certain types of people who will be hard work and will end up costing you money and time.

When you first start a business you ignore the warning signs or don't recognise them. You soon work out that stroppy attitudes at the begining almost always continue, escalate and leave you wishing you'd never got involved in the first place.

It may sound a bit hard but there are only 168 hours in a week and I'd rather be spending them on looking after the 99.9% of decent customers who appreciate what you are trying to do for them.

Mike

www.shock-factory.co.uk

twybrow

posted on 12/2/14 at 07:10 PM
How can it possibly cost Chris more time? Once set up as a trader, there is no reason this person would need to deal with Chris....

I am miffed that on the basis of one hasty message, we have missed out on a potential deal (and I had expressed my interest in the proposed group buy). It is hardly a good advert for attracting on topic traders to LCB!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 12/2/14 at 07:16 PM
Its Chris's site so its his choice.
Its not like the website for the business in question is hard to find so i dont see the problem.

Alfa145

posted on 12/2/14 at 07:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
This sounds ridiculous! Chris as much as I appreciate your efforts with this site but I find your attitude very poor, you can't cast negative opinions about small businesses trying to support this industry without due cause. The guy just sounds keen to drum up business and you accuse him of being a trouble causer.

It looks like us, the contributors, have missed out on a service being provided by a guy who from other reports has a very good reputation.

Poor show.

+1

Looks like Chris got out of the wrong side of the bed!

Shame us contributors have now missed out on what might have been a good deal. There's no reason in todays age that a membership cannot be upgraded automatically most other forums out there can handle it, just look at WSCC, instant upgrade once you've paid. There's been plenty of whip rounds on here so why can't some of the funds have been put towards this, it would save you a huge amount of your time, which you seem to value, and saved all this hassle in the first place?

[Edited on 12/2/14 by Alfa145]

theduck

posted on 12/2/14 at 08:11 PM
Have to add to the above my disappointment at the way this has been handled.
JoelP

posted on 12/2/14 at 08:45 PM
I'm with Chris myself. If he doesn't like the guys tone of post he's well within his rights to tell him to do one. I regularly turn customers away that I don't like the sound of.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2  >>

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.