Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie question - Hayabusa
Adam

posted on 11/5/14 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Newbie question - Hayabusa

Hi all.

I'm looking into the MNR for my next project and just putting a couple of cost plans together. I fancy trying out the hayabusa route as been down the r1 route in the past with a mkindy. My question is do I need to dry sump the engine as this adds quite a lot to the figures. Guess I'd be looking at an additional 1200 quid.

Any advice or info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

daniel mason

posted on 11/5/14 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
in a word,if pushing hard on track,yes! some may say otherwise and many have run them without issue but id run the sbd d/s system and sit the engine down as low as possible in the chassis.

Adam

posted on 11/5/14 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply . I won't be on the track if I'm honest so mainly road use.

Cheers
Adam

big_l

posted on 11/5/14 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
There expensive engines to replace and my opinion when I built mine was that it's better safe than sorry £1200 well spent !

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

jwhatley

posted on 12/5/14 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Spend your money where it is needed, dry sumping is the way forwards on a busa if you want to go on track.

You may get away with a swinging pickup for just road use, but you will risk starving the engine of oil on track. Yellowcab's thread shows you what happens when you don't dry sump.

I see a lot of builds where people don't spend the money where its needed, i know its meant to be low-cost... but it will catch you up in the end!

[Edited on 12/5/14 by jwhatley]

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 28/5/14 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Likewise, given the price of Busa engines it is worth protecting your investment. I dry-sumped mine but some fit an accusump for added protection if they go down the baffled sump route. Swing pickups are excellent but there is a small risk they will jam and in that situation an extra burst of oil from an accusump may get you 'round the corner without oil starvation.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.