Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortex CBR1000rr
Adam

posted on 20/5/14 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortex CBR1000rr

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done a MNR with a 2009 of newer CBR100rr engine. Going to see Chris at MNR next week and spoke to Andy at Ab Performance but was wondering if anyone could tell me any good or bad experiences with these engines. Install and driving? I've done an R1 Indy in the past and that was straight forward but gather this one is another kettle of fish.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated

Cheers

Ads

kimbo1982

posted on 20/5/14 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adam,

I have a Vortx with 2008 CBR1000RR, engine is fantastic but does require a few electrical tricks to get it to run at full power, I'm sure Andy at AB has made you aware?
The engine requires a baffled sump and some mods to the air box to make it all fit under the bonnet.

There are a few people using this engine who race in the RGB championship and as far as I know the engine has been reliable, Steve Malyon raced for best part of three seasons with same engine without a rebuild!

The chassis is great and the kit is good quality, service from Chris and Marc cannot be faulted.

Regards
Paul.

Adam

posted on 20/5/14 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reply Paul. Spoke to Andy today and they now doing a full package with everything you need. It's costs a few pennies but in the long run it will work out cheaper.

Cheers
Adam

big_l

posted on 28/5/14 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Adam if you want a ride in a Busa vortex come over and I'll take you for a spin 07737814426

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

Adam

posted on 28/5/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the offer might take you up on that

Cheers

Adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.