Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 8/6/14 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy For Sale

Having joined this forum many moons ago and having used it extensively to build my car, it is now up for sale!

The car is also advertised on eBay Item

I have put it on with an asking price of £7,495

Please see the details below - if you are looking for an all year round car this is got to be on your list! with full weather gear and 60 litre fuel tank you can use this car everyday, all day, it's a pleasure to drive!

MK Indy 2 Litre Pinto

The time has come for us (me and my dad) to part with our beloved Mk Indy. The car was built over a period of 18 months and has been completed to a high standard. The car received continuous praise from onlookers and those in the know are kit car events and car meets. The car was completed and registered in 2007 and has covered 7500 miles. 1300 of these miles were last November when the car proved it’s reliability by driving to the famous Nurburgring and back with no issues or breakdowns.

Specification:

Kawasaki Green
TSW Alloy Wheels
Yokohama A539 Tyres (plenty of tread)
New Style Front Wings
2 litre Pinto + Sierra Diff + Sierra shortened Prop
Discs and Refurbished Callipers All Round + Newley fitted Handbrake Cable
Reground Valves + New Valves
Kent Fast Road Cam
Burton Rocker Cover
Kawasaki ZZR1100 Bike Carbs (Pipercross Filter)
Carbs and Tune provided by the famous Bogg Brothers of East Lutton
New Clutch
Quick Shift Type 9 Gearbox
Alloy Fabrication catch tank
Shortened and Baffled Sump (retaining original volume)
Full Sump Guard (bespoke fabrication)
60 Litre Fuel Tank (2x orginal size)
Marine grade fuel sender (for accurate reading)
Full MK Indy Wet Weather Gear with Doors
Windscreen + Wipers + Washers
Racetec wing mirrors + rear view mirror
Cobra Bucket Seats
Willans Harnesses
Smiths Gauges
2x 12v Sockets (waterproof)

The car has had years of attention and has been on the road every year and every winter. It has a full history of MOT’s too. We are only selling this car due moving house and no longer having the storage facility for the car.

The car has had many features on the Locost Builders website. Please have a look at some of the threads during the build and threads documenting the upgrades of the car.

Windscreen + Bootlid

See Here

Roof Fitting

See Here

Windscreen Wiper Measurements

See Here

I will also be able to supply a whole photo compilation of the build of the car as well, from painting the wing stays to fitting the engine and body panels - you will be able to see every stage of the car being built. The car has also been looked after with high quality car shampoos and polishes - it’s not spotless but it is hopefully one of the best examples out there.

The sale will also include an intercom and 2x headsets. The intercom includes many stand alone features including the ability to work with CB Radios, Sat Navs, iPods etc all while being able to talk to each other.

The car has two keys as well as a battery cut off switch (big red key). The car will also come with a spare set of ‘build wheels’

As you would expect, this car is quick, the bike carbs allowing it to breath freely and larger fuel nozzles mean more power. All work on the carbs and engine was done by the trusted Bogg Brothers of East Lutton. The car handles as a kit car should and does not miss beat. Suspension bounce, camber and toe are set up to MK recommendations and the ride height is currently set to 5mm lower at the front - all of which is customisable. Tyres are usually run at 18psi or upped to 28 psi for long journeys.

This car is ready to drive away with a new MOT (June 2015) and has Tax until the end of June 2014.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. There are mix of pictures, I have tried to pick those most up to date! for example the latest addition was the front wings. Please also note that the Nurburgring sticker is completely removable.

BEFORE AFTER

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

coozer

posted on 8/6/14 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Why you selling?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 10/6/14 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Coozer.

I have moved to London with a new job (I was in York) so I won't get to use the car anymore and my parents have moved house a couple of weeks ago and no longer have the capacity of garages to look after this car as well as their own.

Unfortunately it needs to go to a great new home!

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 27/6/14 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
MK is still for sale!!

Very happy to listen to offers!!

This is a fantastic car - if you know anyone that is looking at potentially buying a kit car this would suit most who are looking for a useable car or even as a basis for an engine swap!

Ask me any questions, check the links, would love someone to get a hold of it and love it as much as I do!

Thanks for spreading the word folks!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.