Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine wanted
kingster996

posted on 16/7/14 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Engine wanted

I am at the stage of trying to find a suitable engine for my build and although the first choice is a 2.0 Duratec, I'm certainly open to offers in excess of 150bhp.

Ideally I would like an engine with all ancillaries, loom, ecu, injectors, manifolds etc - but again, open to offers, so please let me know what you have - as I have nowt other than a Type 9 box that I'd like to attach it to.

So, anything that will fit a type 9 (a bell housing will be a bonus) with between 150 and 200bhp would be considered. Exhaust exit irrelevant as the bodywork has yet to be fitted.

Happy to buy engine, then other bits or a complete package, but guess it's engine first, so I know which direction I am going in and so I can finally fit my fuel lines to the chassis!

I figure someone somewhere must be getting upgraditis and thus have a yearning to sell off their current pitiful set-up for a shiny new mega-bhp monster - if so, I'm here to take your cast-offs.

Only condition I guess is that it needs to be a 'proven' package - so if you have an old lump lying around that you have never heard run, sorry, but not interested.

Ideally, near to the North East would be nice, but could travel for a good un.

Cheers
Chris

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

kingster996

posted on 23/7/14 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Update

Just bought an ST170 engine - still need bits to make it work when mated to a type9 though.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

kj

posted on 23/7/14 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Give Coozer a shout he ran the same engine.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.