Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lucas Wiper motor gear wheel
piddy

posted on 22/7/14 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Lucas Wiper motor gear wheel

Hi those of you using the Lucas wiper motor, what gear wheel are you using? How effective a screen sweep are you getting?

They are available from 90 to 130.

I believe I need the 130 gear wheel to give the maximum sweep, but would this be too much sweep?

Many thanks Martin.

rusty nuts

posted on 22/7/14 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Can't remember what gear I have in mine,if I can get the cover off will let you know. It is possible to get a 140 degree wheel so 130 isn't the largest angle
40inches

posted on 22/7/14 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Mine was a second hand Classic Mini system, the sweep is 90degrees. I think the spindle would have to be very close to the screen
for the 130 to work.

piddy

posted on 23/7/14 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I don’t understand.
As I see it the spindle pushes and pulls the spiral cord which in turn rotates the wheel boxes, if there is space for the wiper blades to travel without touching the top of the windscreen frame and there is space for the cord to travel in and out. I should be able to fit any gear motor.
I just want to be clearing the screen so both wiper over lap the cleaned surface but not by too much. I don’t see the location of the spindle make any difference.
I think I have 90 degree ones fitted and they miss a big gap in the centre of the screen.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.