Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Identify this Fireblade engine please
russbost

posted on 29/7/14 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Identify this Fireblade engine please

I know this is a Fireblade lump, but can someone please tell me which one - & what's it worth?

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

Good engine from a crashed bike (not heavily) scrape down the clutch cover otherwise good - I bought it with a load of other stuff & have no use for it. I also have the exhaust headers & engine loom etc. I don't as yet have the ECU, but I believe I will have that later this week.

[img]
[/img]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Andy B

posted on 29/7/14 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Russ
looks like either 929 or 954 blade - it will say on the side of the barrels, 929 is Hondas first go at FI and 954 was a step on with better box and smoother FI, 929 worth arounf £600 straight out of the bike and 954 £800-£900
hope that helps
Andy

SPYDER

posted on 29/7/14 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Russ.

As this engine is likely to be HISS equipped make sure you get the ignition key and barrel with all associated loom.
We fitted a 929 in our Phoenix. We kept the exhaust valve actuator in place ( but not the valve itself ) and retained the standard airbox, albeit upside down. To achieve this we turned the throttle body assembly upside down too, then adapted the injector loom to suit the new injector sequence.
The original bike fuel pump is now situated in its own small tank up front, fed from the main tank by a LP pump. We didn't bother with any choke. The sump has been "winged" for extra capacity and a baffle plate fitted.
We've done a number of trackdays with few issues. It has a slight flat spot around 5k which we are addressing with a power commander next time out. Other than that its great.
You'll find that the exhaust is titanium. We made a 4-1 full titanium system by cutting up two sets of headers and making our own collector.

russbost

posted on 29/7/14 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Thanx Andy, found the no.'s on the barrel, it is a 929.

Re the HISS I have the ignition key & barrel, I have all the engine loom & sensors etc, but no ECU at present, is the key matched to the ECU or is it just something within the key/barrel/loom?

If someone just wanted the engine I assume they simply use their existing key/ecu/loom etc? This isn't something I'm looking to do anything with myself, so far as I'm concerned is surplus to requirements.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.