Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Keevil Airfield
justy75

posted on 31/7/14 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Keevil Airfield

Hi all,

Trying to find a track relatively near to me and thinking of doing a day at Keevil, but struggling to find any sort of official website. Does anybody know if they have one or whether it just gets booked through an intermediary?

Anybody taken their 7 around Keevil?

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks

mr tone

posted on 31/7/14 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Motor Sport Events Good track well managed Tony
G.I Ginge

posted on 31/7/14 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I actually know the answer to this one! Keevil doesn't have its own website. It is rarely used for track days these days as it is a fully functional airfield. However, trackdays.co.uk organise the odd event (and I do mean the ODD event- there was only ONE this year!). If anybody else knows of organisations doing events at Keevil, I'd be interested to know too.

I live just out of Bristol and tend to go to Llandow circuit just up the motorway in Wales or Castle Combe.

justy75

posted on 31/7/14 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, shame to know it is not used that often though.

I am down in the south west so there doesn't seem to be many options other than maybe Castle Combe, that are a realistic drivable distance without a windscreen and weather gear.

Hoping to get at least one track day in this summer season, but as I am dependant upon the track date, the weather and the ability to get the specific day off, it is starting to look less likely!

b3ngy

posted on 31/7/14 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
Check motorsport events. They held a few trackdays at keevil last year. Looking at the calender for the rest of the year it's not on there. Maybe availability of the airfield for trackdays is down this year??
spaximus

posted on 31/7/14 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Motorsports event do one at Hullavington which is just off the M4 jnc17. It is a typical airfield track . Go on Youtube and you will see plenty of videos of the place.
twybrow

posted on 31/7/14 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have done both Keevil and Hullavinfton, and both were booked through Motorsport Events. I preferred the layout of Keevil, but both were great fun and an ideal place to find the limits in your car. The Keevil circuit is great as it doesn't really have linf straights, so plenty of cornering with loads of run off.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.