Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood Eagle Sprint
jeffw

posted on 3/8/14 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood Eagle Sprint

Goodwood
Variable weather and long delays marked the day. A very large entry meant one practise and two timed runs only. Practise went well with 91sec run followed up a 89.74 in first timed. In the 2nd timed I caught another car after half lap so had a re-run. So after a long time idle waiting to go I was eventually on my 2nd timed run..Absolutely flying (for me at least) right up to the point coming onto Lavant Straight where the engine coughs and, at the chicane, the engine virtually dies as I have run out of fuel. Managed to coast over the line and into the pits with a time of 90.90secs. I was 4 secs up on my fastest time ever at Goodwood until I ran out of fuel ! I ended up winning the class and only being beaten by some of the single seaters and two Nissan GTRs. A run of 85secs would have put me 4th overall.

Right at the end of the video you can see the Nissan GTR which went off at Fordwater in practise and did all four corners big time.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 4/8/14 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Jeff,

Were you running at Hethel yesterday? i could of sworn i say your car. If it wasn't you, there is another supercharged red Phoenix sprinting! Looked very quick off the line.

I was there with Luego Snr for the first run out in our Clio 172. I missed the class win by a 10th....

great day though.

EDIT:- just checked they entry regs, and it was your good self. Where did you place in the end?

[Edited on 4/8/14 by Norfolkluegojnr]

jeffw

posted on 4/8/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I ended up 4th in class at Hethel. Had to withdraw after the first timed run having found very large cracks through one of the front disks...brakes felt aweful. I did go faster than I have ever gone there before so not all bad lol.

Did it sound good off the line?

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 4/8/14 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Yes it did.

I only saw your first launch, but it sounded great - All the cars in your class seemed to just explode off the line. The standard of kit used since we were sprinting last has increased massively.

If you left early, you missed the Gold Leaf Lotus blow its engine fairly dramatically on the last timed run. I was waiting in the queue for about 45 minutes -don't think i've ever been that hot before a run.

We arent doing Curborough (wedding anniversary) but we'll be at North Weald in september. If you're there I'll make sure to pop over.

jeffw

posted on 4/8/14 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not a Curborough either (doesn't suit the car). I must admit to being surprised when all the Westfields turned up...Adrian with his de-stroked 1800 Duratec which puts out 270BHP and weighs 520Kg and the mad S2000 engined Westie with 260BHP but only 485Kg !

There are some very serious cars in the WSCC which I occasionally come up against. All with sequential gearboxs/paddle-shift, big NA power and no weight. Some very trick bits of kit. My one and only timed run was a 132sec, Adrian did a 123, S2000 Westie was a 124 and Pete Goulding was at 125

Did you see Duncan Cowper in his mad Dax Rush do a 121?

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 4/8/14 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
best time i saw was the black Evo (dont know the driver) run a 1.20 dead on the last timed run, apparently running nearly 800 bhp. An absolutely bonkers car, but great to watch.

I've got to say I'm glad we dont run in A7 anymore, the calibre is just so high we'd be at the back every round!

jeffw

posted on 4/8/14 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Yeap, the kit classes are very competitive. I saw a 119 from one of the single seaters...

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 4/8/14 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
1.19 is just nuts. I'm not sure my brain could compute at those kind of speeds.

Which one was it?

jeffw

posted on 4/8/14 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Tony Beesley I think

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 4/8/14 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Impressive.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.