Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted project car
Mj2326

posted on 28/8/14 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted project car

Hi looking to build my 1st kitcar just looking if there is any project/unfinished cars that are up for sale or even cars that need some tlc. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Mike

Slimy38

posted on 28/8/14 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
This one any good for you?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=193222

Mj2326

posted on 28/8/14 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yea that's the type of project I'm after but more the 7 style although I am getting rid of an rx8 bet that would shift in that. I'm after more of a car for trackdays
JacksAvon

posted on 28/8/14 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Give tiger Racing a call, they have a project Super 6 going at a good price
Quinten

posted on 28/8/14 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe you should speak to the guy here: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/110217-help-required-please/ ?
austin man

posted on 28/8/14 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mj2326
Yea that's the type of project I'm after but more the 7 style although I am getting rid of an rx8 bet that would shift in that. I'm after more of a car for trackdays

The stylus would be a great trackday tool and more aerodynamic than a seven

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

stew300

posted on 29/8/14 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Leugo Viento for sale

Are you still looking for a project car? Due to work commitments, I need to sell my Leugo Viento.

It is fully Registered on an 04 plate complete with V5 document and recorded as a Luego.
It's powered by a Rover V8 4.6L on megasquirt injection.
I bought the car to do a full rebuild and modify to make a unique one off. Due to it already been through the SVA, it will only need MOT when rebuilt.
The only main parts that are needed to be bought are two side pipe silencers ( £400 from local s/s exhaust manufacturer that made the exhaust systems for Luego!. They still have the gig. ) and a lighting set (front and rear).

The car had only covered 367 miles from being built on the original 3.5L engine ( ETB electronic dials). It was removed from the road and the 4.6 engine fitted. It's never been back on the road and is SORN. While it's been SORN it's had £3000 spent on 18" Image deep dish, 3 piece split rims and tyres. £1200 on CompBrake 4 pot 17" front callipers and disks. Brand new bespoke Main wiring loom and Bespoke Megasquirt Engine loom by MS2 Tuning ( who will program the ECU for £150 ) when the car is rebuilt. The ECU has had upgraded electronic components and firmware loaded.

I've bought lots of brand new parts to do the rebuild, just unfortunate I don't have the time!
There's a lot of details that I've missed, please feel free to contact me on 07825767780 for more details.
Open to sensible offers.

Regards

Stuart

Mj2326

posted on 29/8/14 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well I've just managed to win a locost built on a Westfield chassis on eBay for 2650 needs some tlc but should keep me busy
owelly

posted on 30/8/14 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
I'm bemused. Is it a Locost chassis or a Westfield? I can't see how you can build a Locost on a Westfield chassis as the chassis is the car really! Or is it a Westfield with different panels fitted?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mj2326

posted on 30/8/14 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
It is a Westfield chassis and panels but it was built on a repaired chassis and sva'd after in 2009 just not registered as a Westfield so advertised as a locost reading into it
James

posted on 30/8/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mj2326
It is a Westfield chassis and panels but it was built on a repaired chassis and sva'd after in 2009 just not registered as a Westfield so advertised as a locost reading into it

Why would you SVA it as a Locost if it was a Westfield? There's no difference in the SVA process between the 2.

Call me cynical but sounds a bit dubious to me... I would check it over *very* thoroughly first.

Not wishing to cast aspersions but 'doing a Dutton' could be just as easily done with a Locost!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Mj2326

posted on 30/8/14 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
It will be checked I'm gonna strip it back to chassis and rebuild it completely fit roll cage and prob re powder coat it
owelly

posted on 30/8/14 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
I think you want to be doing the checking before you hand over any cash!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kingster996

posted on 30/8/14 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Stood in front of my westfield chassis right now if you need pics for comparison

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.