New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donington show
jacko

posted on 31/8/14 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Donington show

Hi all
So what did you all think of the show ?
I had a good day [ Saturday ] Thanks for the lift Andy
I thought there where a few manufacturers missing what do you think ?
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scutter

posted on 31/8/14 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Quiet, Was there 2 hrs and spent one of those watching racing.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 31/8/14 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Canny weekend, today Sunday was a lot busyer and nice and sunny..

The band in the tent where good last night although I cant remember much about it

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

jacko

posted on 31/8/14 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Andy and I though the road in and out was a disgrace with pot holes etc
jacko

rash12

posted on 31/8/14 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
lacking quite a few traders but not a bad turnout of cars today, shame such a good venue with space for a lot more stalls ?
MsD

posted on 31/8/14 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I thought its the busiest I've seen Donington (well customers inside at least).

Not a bad show, its always nice to see a show that has something else rather than just static shows. I even took a trip to the museum- that's a hell of a collection!

Mark.

raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK INDY R GSXR 1000 K5. Now sold..... Ready for th

posted on 31/8/14 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I went today rocked round on my electric trike which was a godsend over the rubble and even got to watch the racing .
It's the busiest I have ever seen it , the weather prob helped.

It's never had a lot of stalls but glad it still going, managed to pick up a blacker filler cap at a discount for my build
Nick

coozer

posted on 31/8/14 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raptor700
I went today rocked round on my electric trike which was a godsend over the rubble and even got to watch the racing .
It's the busiest I have ever seen it , the weather prob helped.

It's never had a lot of stalls but glad it still going, managed to pick up a blacker filler cap at a discount for my build
Nick

Qas that the one with the windmill on top and a wide grin?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

richardm6994

posted on 31/8/14 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
I really enjoyed the show and hope it continues to grow. I do sincerely hope it's gets good feed back and support for next year so that it continues to grow and not disappear like the shows we've lost already.

f750sgr

posted on 31/8/14 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Quiet, Was there 2 hrs and spent one of those watching racing.

ATB Dan.

You were a week late Dan. The real racing was on the Bank Holiday weekend.

Sean

scutter

posted on 31/8/14 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
I know, but I'd just taken the keys to the new house.

Did enjoy the slick shod caterhams going through Roberts tho.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

ashg

posted on 1/9/14 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
I thought the show was excellent. This is only the third year since its revival and it has solidly grown year on year. Sunday was very busy, it was very nice to see some new exhibitors in the hall, Bertini and Kraftwerk Tools were both great new comers to the show. A limitation of donington is that the hall isn't the biggest but it was certainly full as some of the exhibitors had to pitch up outside on the grass in front of the hall. other than the hall. there were tones of very interesting kit cars parked out in the club field both days, i was quite surprised that it took me almost as long as Stoneleigh to walk round and look at them all.

in my view over all it was one of the best kit shows i have visited in a long time. the added dimension of the weekend racing and autosolo makes it somewhat more dynamic

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

rusty nuts

posted on 1/9/14 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I camped from Friday so I was there the whole weekend but I don't think I will do it again, I'm still suffering "jet lag" . I thought the show disappointing , nowhere near as good as Newark even at its worst ,
stig mills

posted on 2/9/14 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
I camped from Friday so I was there the whole weekend but I don't think I will do it again, I'm still suffering "jet lag"

Wow, I got jet lag too. I enjoyed the evening entertainment but there must have been a rave going off in a nearby field until 3am, then at 5am the planes, oh no the planes!!!
Great show though, good to meet so many people, great to see everyone enjoying it, sadly that is it for kit shows this year apart from TKC live at Brands on the 15th Nov. I will be at Pistons and Props on the 27/28th Sept and NEC classic on the 14-16th Nov. P&P was great last year and some kits will be allowed due to them being in classic style, I will be there with a Replicar, come and say hi.

dbaz293672

posted on 2/9/14 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
This was my first show since buying my car, I quite enjoyed it but I was hoping and thought there would be more of a auto jumble as I went with a long list of things needed. Being a complete newbie is the show at brands hatch worth going in November?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.