Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Pump Pressure
Dave Bailey

posted on 31/8/14 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Pump Pressure

Well I have done just over 1200 miles and noticed my first potential issue this evening. I am running a Subaru in tank fuel pump @ 2.8 bar on 6mm id Kunifer fuel lines... I log fuel pressure and have set a low level warning on my dash mainly to trigger if I get fuel starvation during cornering.. I noticed this evening whilst doing some spirited driving that the fuel pressure was dropping to about 1.3 bar @ 6000 RPM. The dash warning came up which is the first time it has happened so this seems to have just started.. The pump was new when I built the car... Is fuel pressure drop off expected or have I developed an issue do you think?

The engine is an ST170 running Jenvey throttle bodies on std injectors... The only other thing I have tweaked is the input cam timing which has improved the pickup and probably increased BHP....

A bit random but just looking for some ideas before I start digging...

Thanks
Dave B

Dave Bailey

posted on 2/9/14 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Update to this......tonight I pulled the pump out of the tank and found that there was a very small split in the link hose from the pump to the connector.

So looks like the logging of data and the warning worked well to identify a developing issue....

Motor will probably blow up tomorrow but it won't be fuel starvation.....

Dave B

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.