Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: For sale - Westfield SEW
StevieB

posted on 7/9/14 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
For sale - Westfield SEW

Right, it's been a while since I posted a message saying I was going to get round to selling my Westy, and here it is at last!

It's a 2001 Westfield SEW (live axle) running a 1600 CVH on twin webers. It's not the blistering pace of my previous R1 powered Indy, but it's a good setup for enjoying some country blast and Trackdays alike.

Reason for sale - we just don't get time to use it and the last time it turned a wheel in anger was the Blyton Trackday last September and I reckon I've done less than 500 miles in 2 years. We want to put an extension on the house and it's hard to keep hold of a car we don't use in the face of sipping into the mortgage for funds (I hate having to make sensible decisions where the head has to rule the heart!).

It's a very clean car, which was built using an engine fully reconditioned by Ferriday Engineering at the time and has only coved 5719 miles since it was built, so while it's been around a while, I think you'd struggle to find a car this clean of any age. I know that it's been looked after well by both myself and its previous owners, as I have a file with every single receipt right from the factory order conformation right through to the MOT I put on it earlier this year (see pics below).

Spec is as follows:

Wide body westfield in bright orange with aeroscreen
Live axle
6x13" minilite front wheels, 8x13" minilites on the rear.
R888 tyres all round with plenty life left in them (practically brand new).
Ferriday reconditioned 1600 CVH engine running twin 40 webers.
Fabricated steel westfield front uprights with alloy hubs
Cortina calipers (new on this car and still very gold) with pads in near new condition.
Wetfield RAC roll bar
Westfield race seats
5 point drivers race harness, 4 point non race passenger harness
Type 9 gearbox with Rally Design quick shift setup.
Fire extinguisher
Electrical cut off switch
Carbon rear arch stone guards
Carbon sill protectors
Carbon effect cycle wings
Full compliment of Soft Bits for Sevens tonneau equipment (2part tonneau, vinyl half doors, boot cover and tunnel storage bag) - this car was used as the 'model' in the Soft Bits online catalogue for Westfield parts (I removed the chequer graphics when we bought the car as they weren't to my taste).
Micro Dynamics rev limiter
Boot box fitted - general opinion seems to be that this can't Ben done with the RAC roll bar, but the builder obviously found a way, and very well done it is).
Spax dampers

There's probably a heap of other stuff I'll remember, which I'll come back and add to the list.

You can see from the phot of the axle how clean the car is underneath the surface - this is not a car that's been polished on the outside and scabby underneath. I've kept on top of this and the car gets a clean down after every drive out (the few that there've been!) before being put away.

The car is MOT'd until July 2015 and taxed until December 2014. It's done 5719 miles to date, which may change if I take it out for one last blat - I probably won't as having made the hard decision to sell, it'll only serve to change my mind!

I'm looking for £7,500 for the car, which I think it's very much worth considering the standard of the build and condition it's been kept in.

If anyone has any question please either drop me a PM, email me on Steve.Bunter@me.com or give me a text/call on 07884 007 863.

Oh yeah, forgot to say - I live in York

[Edited on 7/9/14 by StevieB]

[Edited on 7/9/14 by StevieB]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.