Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 Wheel Covered Trailer requiring minor work to complete.
GavMax

posted on 13/9/14 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
4 Wheel Covered Trailer requiring minor work to complete.

I upgraded to an aluminium covered trailer that lives in the garage with the car inside. Annoyingly, being covered, I can’t easily work on the car (should have thought that through) and having spent a considerable amount of time and money improving it, I haven’t the heart to remove the covering to revert it to an open trailer.

My work commitments do not allow enough time to complete the minor outstanding work alongside the time I need to spend on the car so I am selling it.

The upgrade works include a full rewire and new lighting throughout, a brand new Indespension coupling and Triplelock head and an extension front and rear with a new drop down door that acts as a ramp. It has been repainted with silver Hammerite and the access door at the front is lockable.

It has an electric winch, a heavy duty ribbed jockey wheel, 4 good tyres, an as new spare housed in a storage well, two 8 ft alloy ramps and a tyre rack.

It has been extended front and rear with all welding work carried out by a structural welder (one day I will learn to weld and save myself a fortune) and now only needs the roof finishing, a little prep and a coat of paint on the aluminium and a fixing point for the ramps (if needed) to the rear door (two small pieces of wood under the rear door are all I need to load my Elan) to complete.

The roof work will entail new roof side mouldings and trims, one extra roof strut, a new grp roof surface and one of the sides trimming to fit the rear. Corner mouldings and trims all present.

It prefers rear engine cars and to get the balance right, I found it best to winch my Elan in backwards. It tows really well and the brakes are very reassuring.

Dimensions are :
Internal width 1825
Internal length 4100 (could squeeze a little more if winch relocated)
Internal height 1380
Deck height at bas of loading ramp 520
External width wheel arch to wheel arch 2300
External length from tow hitch to rear loading ramp 5400

It is a bit of a tight fit in my garage so I fitted a motor mover to allow me to manoeuvre it unaided. I would prefer to keep the motor mover but would sell it as part of the package at extra cost if necessary.

For the trailer without the motor mover, I am asking around £1,500

I can be contacted on 07710 581 415 or PM me. The trailer is located by Watford in Hertfordshire.

Thanks for looking
Gavin

If someone could let me know how to upload photos I will do this but I can't seem to make it work. Happy to PM photos while this is sorted. Thanks
Gavin

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

GavMax

posted on 18/9/14 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have uploaded photos to my photo archive.

If they can't be seen, please could I be advised.

Thanks
Gavin

And if someone could give me a clue as to how to link them to the advert I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Gavin

07710 581 415

ken555

posted on 18/9/14 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote

There you go

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GavMax

posted on 19/9/14 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
Many thanks Ken

For the future - how did you do that?

Regards
Gavin

ken555

posted on 19/9/14 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote

Open the image and copy/paste the code into your message.

If you wanted the bigger picture, as above, then copy/paste the one below that for "Other forums"

[Edited on 19-9-14 by ken555]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jwhatley

posted on 19/9/14 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Gavin,

Quite interested in this, can you possibly answer these questions for me.

1 - What is the total height of the trailer, ground to roof top?
2 - What is the maximum weight stamped on the Data Plate?

John

GavMax

posted on 19/9/14 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hi John

The height from floor to roof measures 2m

When I bought the trailer I was told that it was made by a manufacturer in Hertfordshire (originally as a single wheel then they modified it to a twin wheel). Frustratingly, there is no plate and I haven't found them - but the components appear to be sized for a significant weight.

My tow car is a Honda CRV which has a max towing capacity of 2000 k and I got a hitch for the trailer that is rated from 800 to 1800 kilo on the basis that my car weighs a portly 720 kilos. I havent weighed the trailer but with this hitch, the trailer can weigh up to 1080 kios which I can't believe it is anywhere near. On this basis, the weakest element of the set up is 1800k which is under the car's capacity. There is a version of the hitch which is rated for up to 3500k but I didn't opt for it because of the tow car.

Happy to chat through if you wish.

Thanks
Gavin 07710 581 415

GavMax

posted on 26/9/14 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
I could do with the space so will swap back to the original triplock coupling with a new gas strut and consider offers around £1,350.

Thanks
Gavin 07710 581 415

jwhatley

posted on 26/9/14 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Gav,

Unfortunately its slightly too tall for my garage door opening, as its only 188cm.

Good Luck with the sale.

John

Autoflock Motorsport

posted on 26/9/14 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
very interested in this !!!

Kind regards

Raj

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=183445

GavMax

posted on 15/2/15 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
4 Wheel Covered Trailer requiring minor work to complete

Hi all

The trailer is still available. I've been so wrapped up in other things that I have been working around it but I really need he space back so it does need to go.

It still has on it the new coupling which I will sell but I do want to keep the motor mover.

The trailer has cost me a lot more than the asking price so whilst I am open to sensible offers I can't afford to give it away (so please don't feel compelled to make silly offers).

Call or text me if you are interested.

Thanks
Gavin
07710 581 415

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.