Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: urgent !!!
nick-york

posted on 6/10/14 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
urgent !!!

Small locking petrol cap .35 mm diameter + locking lugs is too big .Its smaller than a standard size cap . Lost mine on sunday ! Cheers - nick
gremlin1234

posted on 6/10/14 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
".35 mm diameter", is really really small, (about 'N' gauge)
splitrivet

posted on 6/10/14 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Seems a bit abrupt, mind you it must be frustrating filling your tank with a syringe.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

jeffw

posted on 6/10/14 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
a very small syringe

nick-york

posted on 6/10/14 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Its very small . I would think it needs to be about 33 mm diameter . And at filling station the nozzle only just goes in ! Not much room ! Cheers - nick
tul214

posted on 6/10/14 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
facepalm
facepalm

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

nick-york

posted on 6/10/14 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
facepalm
facepalm

Thats exactly how I felt this morning when I realised id left the filler cap on top of the car at the filling station in sunday and set off !! No chance of finding that again !

leon51274

posted on 7/10/14 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Makes Sense to teather it.
40inches

posted on 7/10/14 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leon51274
Makes Sense to teather it.

Yep! that's one part of IVA that makes sense, I have got home after filling the MK to find the filler cap dangling over the back of the
car. Twice

jeffw

posted on 7/10/14 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Small locking petrol cap .35 mm diameter + locking lugs is too big .Its smaller than a standard size cap . Lost mine on sunday ! Cheers - nick

how are you going to tether a 0.35mm filler cap?

adithorp

posted on 7/10/14 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
It's the only IVA requirement thats been retro' fitted to my SVA'd car.

I followed one mate with it rolling about on his rear deck after a fill up, who (eventually) stopped because I was flashing/hooting at him; Another who after fighting through a French towns one-way system, had to go back because he'd left the cap on the pump; Another we had to wait 30 min's for because he was searching a field of wheat for the cap someone else luckily spotted flying off; Plus the several times I've remembered as I've left the petrol station and stopped to refit mine. All that convinced me to add the teather and it's saved the cap a couple of times.

Nick, have you been back to the filling station? They often get handed in and kept safe. From the description it doesn't sound like a common cap so even if inconvienient would be worth it.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

russbost

posted on 7/10/14 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

Spiders silk! Simples!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
James

posted on 7/10/14 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Bloody Europe!

This'll be some Eurocrat measure to reduce fuel usage!

Bloody euro-loonies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

jeffw

posted on 7/10/14 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
quote:

Spiders silk! Simples!

Lol....

nick-york

posted on 7/10/14 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Derrh !! It should of said 35 mm ! Not .35 mm ! I only realised that yesterday afternoon. Thats predictive text for you on a mobile phone with a smallish screen. Getting a locking cap was on the agenda since I bought the car but priority was putting new mirrors on for safer driving.I think its a filler cap of a classic car .I ll have to keep looking for somewhere that sells them.
gremlin1234

posted on 7/10/14 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
for a suitable cap,
try a triumph herald, or original mini.
ps this full stop ' . ' is the size of the mislaid one ;-)

steve m

posted on 7/10/14 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
My locking cap does not come off the key, until locked back in place, and just as well, as it would make a mess of my left knee, smashing about in the ignition

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

ReMan

posted on 7/10/14 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
My locking cap does not come off the key, until locked back in place, and just as well, as it would make a mess of my left knee, smashing about in the ignition

Tethereed is better still, grrrr
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=171692

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

nick-york

posted on 8/10/14 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers everyone for all the amusing comments and help . Theres a bloke who lives near me and he has a boxfull of old petrol caps and hes sure one will fit. As for going back to the garage I dont think itll of dropped off on the forecourt .But flung off somewhere when I went round the roundabout nearby and its not real close to where I live .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.