New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham F1 problems
theprisioner

posted on 23/10/14 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham F1 problems

I understand F1 it is part of the Caterham Group of companies see:

http://uk.caterhamcars.com/caterham-group

The admiration involves "Caterham Sports Ltd (CSL)"

"Caterham's new owners argue that CSL was effectively a service company that manufactured the cars and employed staff for Malaysian-registered 1Malaysia racing Team (1MRT), who own the entry rights."

I assume it is not good news for 7 style cars?

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

Mark Allanson

posted on 23/10/14 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
From a fiend of mine I used to work with, he work for Caterham F1 as a CF laminator - or did

"To all my friends.
I turned up at work today to closed gates at Caterham.
Thanks for all your well wishes. I'll be starting my job hunt today so if anyone has any ideas or offers......."

Sad day

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

scootz

posted on 23/10/14 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
My understanding is that the F1 Team 'Caterham Sports Ltd' has nothing to do with the 'Caterham Group' who make the Seven.

The 'Caterham Groups' motorsport division is 'Caterham racing' and they only service the Caterham branded GP2 team.

It's Evolution Baby!

theprisioner

posted on 23/10/14 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Business as usual apparently:

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/motoringnews/business-as-usual-at-car-firm-11363939054984

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

britishtrident

posted on 23/10/14 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Bernie is now "involved" ,.........,....

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Dusty

posted on 23/10/14 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
If Bernie would just donate half an hours salary they would be safe for the next few years.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 23/10/14 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
If Bernie would just donate half an hours salary they would be safe for the next few years.

Why should he? It's not his job to bank roll failing teams.

Marussia have done a much better job on less money with pay drivers. Fernandez paid for the Leafield facility, Renault engines and a good experienced driver but the car was another balls up. They have been beaten twice now by Marussia who have had Worse engines (Cosworth and Ferrari) a smaller base, less staff and Max Chilton (who actually got them 10th in the standings last year). They are now beating Sauber and close to Lotus and making genuine progress.

My empathy goes out to the staff as the situation has been handled terribly by all parties since Fernandez gave up but I think the closure is a reflection of the poor form more than anything else.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
britishtrident

posted on 23/10/14 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty

His daughter's shoe budget could buy the whole grid.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

RK

posted on 23/10/14 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Doing something for the struggling teams might be nice. If nothing else, it gives the other teams somebody to beat. It is a bit silly thinking there might only be 8 teams. On the other hand, the level of luxury they all roll in, is beyond ridiculous.
Alfa145

posted on 24/10/14 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Millionaires and investment companies only interested in profits playing God with smaller teams and their staff without a care in the world. They wouldn't give a flying monkies if Caterham went under, they'd just move onto their next victims
designer

posted on 24/10/14 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Bernie is now "involved" ,.........,....

It was his mate Tony Fernandes who started all this. Shows how corrupt these types of men are with their wheeling and dealing!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 24/10/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Caterham/(Lotus as was) & Marussia were both conned onto the grid in the first place - they were given false promises of budget caps & cuts that would have allowed them to compete on something vaguely like an equal footing as the bigger teams - that never happened & surprise surprise with the playing field tipped at about 45 degrees & them at the bottom end of it they stood no chance - on that basis I think Marussia have done an incredible job. The guy who conned them has already received several mentions in this post, I'm sure you know who I mean!

Still sad to see another team go - never mind they have another lined up for 2016!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
morcus

posted on 25/10/14 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
As mentioned above the bottom teams were misled to create bigger grids, the real question is will anyone buy the team having seen this happen?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

carpmart

posted on 25/10/14 at 05:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
As mentioned above the bottom teams were misled to create bigger grids, the real question is will anyone buy the team having seen this happen?

Nope

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

designer

posted on 25/10/14 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
It is becoming more obvious that 'Bernie' only wants manufacturers on the grid, that's why he's chasing three car teams for 2016.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mds167

posted on 25/10/14 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Bernie has now 'allowed' the team to miss the next two races and 1MRT and CSL are one entity in the hands of the administrator to sell as a team.
The administrator has stated that there are interested parties...who could the be?!
Auto Express reckons that VW/Audi are in from 2016 and have hired Stefano Domenicalli?!

My thoughts are with the Catarham staff who will be wondering about their future, they've really been let down by these clowns.

"No, you can't lick the system; but you can give it a damn good fondling."

phelpsa

posted on 25/10/14 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Both Caterham Sports Limited (manufacturer of the cars) and 1MRT (Caterham F1 operations) are now under the control of the same administrator who is looking for someone to take on the two businesses together I believe.

EDIT: Got distracted halfway through and was beaten to it!

[Edited on 25-10-14 by phelpsa]

morcus

posted on 27/10/14 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
Marrussia Have joined Caterham it seems, such a shame when they're currently 2 from the bottom in the constructors championship.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.