Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: M18 x 1.5mm Tap Help
r1_pete

posted on 25/10/14 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
M18 x 1.5mm Tap Help

Hi, Does anyone in the Sheffield / Rotherham / Chesterfield area have an M18 x 1.5 tap I could borrow?

I just welded the lambda bosses into my headers, and the thread in one has distorted. Not looking to take it away, I can just bring the headers run a tap down them, and buy you a beer.....

Cheers.

Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
indykid

posted on 26/10/14 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought Martin Keenan should be able to help if nobody else local, but I have a tap in Thornhill you can borrow if you want a run up the M1 (currently in my drawer at work but will be home as of tomorrow afternoon)

owelly

posted on 26/10/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
...or make your own thread cleaner out of an old spark plug? Snap the porcelain off and cut a couple of grooves down the length of the thread with a hacksaw. Just don't use to much force and snap it off in the hole!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 26/10/14 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I found a cheapie on ebay for a fiver, which I hope will do the job before it fails....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.