Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: moving house and new garage time = more space wahoooo
mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
moving house and new garage time = more space wahoooo

Well our house goes on the market soon after xmas and we have our house ready to move into soon as this is sold and I acquire my new garage. I have plans for a work bench that I will be making but am lookIng into floor paint and also second hand machine shop tools like pillar drils lathes and mabie afew other bits. Wheres best online for recon workshop machinery.

And what floor paint have people used before and found best.

Thanks

jossey

posted on 23/11/14 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Just a quick note...

no matter how much of a bigger garage you have you never have more space lol

I went from a single garage to a 2.5 size one... no more room. Just more cr@p that goes in it....

:O)

DJ

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
URL=http://s63.photobucket.co m/user/munroshaun/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/IMG-20141108-WA0002_zpsqo9eru1q.jpeg.html][/URL]
mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote

[Edited on 23/11/14 by mk85]

mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
For some reason the second picture wont load but thats one of my garages
threadbare wallet

posted on 23/11/14 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Git

Very few things are "really" needed.

JoelP

posted on 23/11/14 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Nah, gits only have one of those. Bastards have multiple 'garages'!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
So garage floor paint
Andybarbet

posted on 23/11/14 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
That's a lovely set of garages :-)

Anyway, I have an integral garage, when I moved in, I jet washed the whole garage floor after scrubbing with fairy liquid & a stiff broom. I then let it dry for a week & gave it one good coat of screw fix own brand non slip floor paint, 7 years on & it's still looking really good, none of it has flaked off etc. I found out after that I should have sealed the concrete 1st but it was too late, it doesn't seem to have affected it though.

The only thing with the non slip is that it's rough textured (surprise surprise) so spills are hard to clean up, if I did it again I think I would go for normal floor paint because of this.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mk85

posted on 23/11/14 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I saw the screwfix stuff and was 50/50 on it.

The smaller of the two has the car pit in so this will be my main garage. but smooth paint Would be best like you say about oil spills.

AvonJas

posted on 23/11/14 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
I've used the 2 pack epoxy paint before in an industrial unit , looks great and hard wearing. There's plenty to choose from on ebay , just make sure floor is well prepared first . An etch primer is needed first for power floated floors.
steve m

posted on 24/11/14 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
If the above place were mine, I would make the garage my house, and the house the garage

and as said above GIT

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

DIY Si

posted on 24/11/14 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I've used Watco's paints in the past and found them to be hard wearing but not so good with welding splatter. But then I guess not a lot withstands balls of near molten steel! They're a two pack epoxy paint and will need a properly prepared floor. Not the cheapest of paint either, but it's good stuff.

One thing I would consider if doing my garage again is the intended use. If there's no welding to be done, then go with a better/more expensive paint. If there will be lots of hot work, cheap paint will do as you're likely to wreak it anyway. I'd also stay away from textured paint. It's much more hassle than it's worth as it makes cleaning up hard work, and rolling engine cranes and what not around is a bit harder too.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.