Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "Lokart"
ed_crouch

posted on 25/11/14 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
"Lokart"

Well, sort of.

Does anyone know of any place (in the UK) that owners of homebuilt karts could use them on track?

I've often thought that my spare GSX400 engine (and therefore free 6spd box) would be awesome in a gokart. 44bhp should be a laugh.

Problem is if I were to effectively build a LoKart if you pardon the turn of phrase, where would I be able to run it?!?

I certainly do not know of any race/speed series where such a kart could be used in competition? Homologation rules OK. I did casually enquire with Buckmore Park many years ago as to whether there was anywhere that catered for amateur designed/build karts. They looked at me blankly.

Anyone know of anything?

People DO build their own karts to their own designs. They can't all have their own private race track in their back garden!?!

Any thoughts?

Ed.

I-iii-iii-iii-ts ME!

Hurrah.

www.wings-and-wheels.net

Andy D

posted on 25/11/14 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Saw this at a kart test day at Teesside a few years back. Fair enough, you probably cant't race it, but track time should be available?

theprisioner

posted on 25/11/14 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
There is numerous carting tracks in Scotland. Alternative is sprint/hill climb test nights. My hill climb track I am sure will let almost anything on as long as it looks safe and you have a helmet and you are a member. Alternative is old airfields they rent one out around here at £40/day.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

Jamesc

posted on 25/11/14 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I've seen someone with a 400cc bike engine kart at Ellough before - That was during and open test session, didn't seem to have a problem.

Although the whole lap was done in one gear and it was crazy quick! Looked fun.

david_hornet27

posted on 25/11/14 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
You would be able to take it to Blackbushe kart track on practice days. Look up www.ckc.co.uk Probably the closest place to you in Tadley.

They're a friendly bunch except for the dicks who drive tonykarts.

I'm down there quite often with a grou so you're more than welcome to come along and take a couple of the karts out.

[Edited on 25/11/14 by david_hornet27]

'If everything seems under control you're just not going fast enough' - Mario Andretti

ragindave

posted on 25/11/14 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Santa Pod!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.