Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay scam?
snippy

posted on 25/11/14 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay scam?

What do you guys think?

I sold an item a couple of days ago and the buyer is someone was has zero feedback rating. Ok, everyone needs to start somewhere but I then discovered the buyer was in the Phillipines. Despite my advert saying postage to UK only, this person bid and won the item. I sent a message stating that the postage wouldn`t cover to Phillipines and quoted a new total figure for the item and the postage to Phillipines. I expected to hear nothing back but I have now received full payment via Paypal.

Should I just send the item now or hold off a few days? Can people suck their money back through Paypal? Is there a set number of days that this can happen for until I reach a safe period? I mention this in case the account has been set up with a stolen bank card. The buyer registered on Ebay only at the end of October too. At the end of the day I`m talking about roughly £50 but this just doesn`t sit right with me at the moment. I don`t want to end up £50 down and minus the item too.

Comments?

ReMan

posted on 25/11/14 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
PAYPAL can definitely suck it back mate.
Don't send it. They will likely claim non reciopt via ebay/paypal, they will side with the buyer and nd you will lose the item and the postage.
Just IMO

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

mark chandler

posted on 25/11/14 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on the value, has he/she got a facebook page or similar so you check them out.

Under £20 I would trust them, above that I would return the money and void the sale.

[Edited on 25/11/14 by mark chandler]

Furyous

posted on 26/11/14 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
Just say the description said uk only, refund the money and relist the item.

They might be fine, but with 0 feedback I wouldn't bother with the risk. Your listing said UK only because there's extra hassle and risk with sending overseas.

steve m

posted on 26/11/14 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Or as I did, refuse to send the item, as it said UK only, but if they have friends in the UK offer to post it there

I did this and it worked brilliantly, and turned out my foreign buyer was very honest, as despite my request for a signature so it was insured, the postie/whoever left the parcel in the bin cupboard, but all was good, and no problem

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

myke pocock

posted on 26/11/14 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
I sold a bike gearbox and despite putting delivery in UK the winning bid was from Italy. I messaged three times saying they could arrange collection themselves, even did Google translate but it still didnt get through to the buyer. Eventually cancelled the sale.
ianhurley20

posted on 26/11/14 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget that the only address ebay/paypal will cover you for is the one listed on ebay, so if they provide a UK address you are probably not covered
cliftyhanger

posted on 26/11/14 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
As an aside, I had an email from ebay few weeks ago about me being automatically enrolled in their global programme. ie anything I stick on the bay of fleas would be advertised worldwide.
I immediately unenrolled (a bit of a faff) because I avoid international sales.
bit of a liberty really, and I bet many people missed the email as there are so many junk emails from them.

scootz

posted on 26/11/14 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
I've sold plenty of things worldwide on eBay and I've only been scammed a few times... each time was by a UK user!

It's Evolution Baby!

02GF74

posted on 26/11/14 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt risk it, just canem and say um only.

Thx for heads up about the global enrolment, didnt even read the mail but is not something i want. Cheeky bleeders.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.