Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra Style MT75 Gear change question
spegru

posted on 30/11/14 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra Style MT75 Gear change question

I've managed to mate a Sierra MT75 gear lever extension frame to a Transit MT75 gearbox - the type that has a very short extension frame at the back not the ones with the lever attached directly to the box (if looking for these on ebay search for Transit gearbox not MT75 as you will find alot more!)
Because I couldn't find the correct Sierra one I've made an actuating lever for the extension frame to connect to the actuating shaft, by welding some bits onto the otherwise unsuitable Transit one.

However there is no centralising spring effect at the gear lever at all. It seems to work ok but, it's loose left to right. I'm wondering if there is something missing from the extension frame which was very second hand?

spegru

[Edited on 30/11/14 by spegru]

big_wasa

posted on 30/11/14 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
No, I made my own and the gearbox centred the lever.
spegru

posted on 30/11/14 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm. I wonder if that means mine is broken in some way.
Or maybe the Transit box doesn't have a sprung gear lever? Anyone know about that?
I suppose I could rig something up with a pair of springs if needed - if it's not actually broken

BTW I think this type of box is from a y2000ish Transit Mk 6. Later ones have the gear lever alot further forward, only just behind the bell housing - although I bet with a bit of ingenuity those could also be made to work in a non-Transit installation. There are loads of Transit boxes on ebay

snapper

posted on 1/12/14 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
There is a spring on the selector rod in the gearbox that should provide a Neutral detent feel
Seventh heaven web site has a complete diagram of MT75

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.