Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood Festival of Speed
Black Cat

posted on 26/1/15 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood Festival of Speed

Is there any where to park close to the venue, other than the official Goodwood car parks with transport laid on at a reasonable price?
bowood14

posted on 26/1/15 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know the answer but the car park is free at Goodwood and I've always got in and out quite easily
computid

posted on 26/1/15 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
As above, never had any issue apart from remembering where the hell in the massive fields I'd parked!

jps

posted on 27/1/15 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bowood14
I don't know the answer but the car park is free at Goodwood and I've always got in and out quite easily

Same for me - but the key is being there bright and early! I went down in the early 2000's with my parents - we drove down from Stoke-on-Trent. The 'official' route in took us down to Petworth - then it was stop-start all the way to the site (approx 10 miles!) - we arrived some time between 9/10am I think...

Went in 2009 or thereabouts - drove down from Colchester - arrived approx 7:30 am - and didn't hit a single bit of traffic all the way into the carpark! Getting out wasn't too bad either from memory...

steve m

posted on 27/1/15 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Next time I go, I will take the tin top and a step ladder !

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Johneturbo

posted on 27/1/15 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
I also started going in the late 90's the difference in attendence now is staggering, i have old photos from back then and there wasn't hadly anyone around

sadly it's tunred into an event to be seen at

never had any problems with the carpark but likes been said get there early to miss the traffic!

[Edited on 27/1/15 by Johneturbo]

chrisj

posted on 27/1/15 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have been going for the last 4 years on the Friday. Get there early and park on the North side of the house and you walk in via the paddock and the pits.

Top tip is to linger near the F1 enclosure after there runs and you will never be closer to a hot V10. (They leave the quiet ones on the circuits).

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 27/1/15 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with last post try and park paddock side of the house and get there by about 8am and your have a short walk in and can have look around the paddock when it's a bit quieter Friday is a quieter day I have been on a Saturday and it was very busy and I'm assuming Sunday is probably even busier .
Black Cat

posted on 27/1/15 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well booked the tickets today and there is no additional parking cost. Had a nice chat with Florence from Goodwood on the phone and she was very helpful.

Looking forwar to seeing the "Beast of Turin" in action.

Now got to wait until June.

davidinhull

posted on 7/3/15 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by computid
As above, never had any issue apart from remembering where the hell in the massive fields I'd parked!

Last year my mate drove and accidentally left his lights on - leading to a flat battery and four grumpy people unable to leave

We asked a random punter if they had any jump leads, and his reply was yes, but he had no idea where his car was!!
We all burst out laughing at him and suddenly felt a lot better
The RAC man started the car and we left while the other bloke was still wandering around!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.